The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has anyone else noticed when you flap-flap sometimes stuff gets through?

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess perma invulnerabilty isn't quite.
  • MiyaTheUnbroken
    MiyaTheUnbroken
    ✭✭✭✭
    You absolutely CAN reflect stealth attacks, but if the person attacking is stealthed it won't land. It does reflect though, I watch the graphic for it about a thousand times a day. In my case, my arrow flies towards them, hits their shield and bounces back. If I'm stealthed, my character does a bit of a dodge move. Not a roll, but where her shoulder jerks back like an innate dodge.
  • Malveria
    Malveria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a guild member who was mentioning that sometimes sorc crystal frags would knock him down even if he had just put wings up. I personally witnessed it. He hit reflective scales, then got hit by a frag and was instantly knocked down, and in no way was scales down at that time.
    Venatus
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes if the projectile is already to close (like already casted some 0.x seconds ago) when you hit scales, it might still hit you.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually call it flapflap in teamspeak, thought i was the only one.

I get a giggle out of someone every time i say it too.

But in all seriousness, its a latency issue. The attack is fired but the server hasnt recognized you had reflect up at the time it was cast, therefore it doesnt apply the buff even though youre spamming it.

Another one of those darned bugs.

Also regarding stealth attacks. If reflect is up at the time a stealth attack is fired it counts as a "miss" and will show in your combat log thus (or flytext, depending on add-ons)

However, I have seen instances where a stealth opener has in fact reflected (probably another bug) and smacked me back in the face for nearly 3k.
    Edited by Rylana on November 2, 2014 1:42PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not everyone can handle roleplay.

Anyways, yea reflective scale doesn't always work, and for some things it seems to be because the attack hits you before its supposed to, at least if you are trying to use reflective scale only when you see a projectile coming your way.

They are supposedly fixing that for crystal shards, but I have been hit by snipe sometimes before the arrow reaches me too. Its pretty intermittent with projectiles.

I cant ever tell if reflective scale is reflecting a stealth snipe tho, because you can never know when to cast it. you cant see the arrow and sometimes cant hear the arrow either. I'm fairly sure you can as I've at least reflected stealth snipes with defensive posture, since that one lasts long enough to protect you from that type of opening. Yes it says spell projectile, but apparently snipe is a spell when it comes to defensive posture.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on November 2, 2014 1:46PM
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you see some projectile coming your way, its 90% too late to reflect.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Projectiles can be reflected multiple times. It's been that way since pre-launch.

For example:
    1. Sorc casts crystal frags
    2. DK reflects it back at sorc
    3. Sorc uses 1h/s def posture and it will reflect back at the dk ignoring scales.
    Edited by Lionxoft on November 2, 2014 9:45PM
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    Projectiles can be reflected multiple times. It's been that way since pre-launch.

For example:
    3. Sorc uses 1h/s def posture and it will reflect back at the dk ignoring scales.

Yes but it can only be reflected 2 times in my experiences. So multiple times meaning 2.

Your local DK scrub
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »

For example:

Yes but it can only be reflected 2 times in my experiences. So multiple times meaning 2.

Your local DK scrub

Yup. 2 is the most I've seen up until this point. My example demonstrates the way it works pretty well.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For example:

Ive done that to other DK's reflecting my bow attacks. I reflect my reflected snipe back at them. And it was a reflected stealth snipe so stealth attacks can be reflected by reflective scale.
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malveria wrote: »
    I have a guild member who was mentioning that sometimes sorc crystal frags would knock him down even if he had just put wings up. I personally witnessed it. He hit reflective scales, then got hit by a frag and was instantly knocked down, and in no way was scales down at that time.

I believe crystal frags in particular was known to knock people down right after casting, before the projectile actually hit. Maybe with some added latency it could look like the projectile going through scales then.