The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is there just one boss in balamath?

Qhival
Qhival
✭✭✭
I'm a v12 templar and recently figured out a build that lets me solo craglorn, but I cleared everything in balamath, including the 4 mages / elemental boss encounter. For some reason it isnt completing the dungeon. I did find a door called balamath hall, but it wont let me go in. I youtubed the dungeon and every video i watch everyone just ignores that door. Is there something in the halls i need to kill? and how do i get in there? Thanks in advance for any information.
Edited by Qhival on October 31, 2014 8:40PM
-Archival -Templar, NA
  • xKyrio
    xKyrio
    ✭✭
    The boss down there is a part of the CraglornMain quest, you need a 4 man group to enter and all need to be on th same stage of the quest. Dont remeber though if its needed for Balamath completion..

Edit*
    Did you also kill the Genereal dude that spawn whenyou tuch the pilarstones?
    Edited by xKyrio on October 31, 2014 8:46PM
  • Qhival
    Qhival
    ✭✭✭
    xKyrio wrote: »
    Did you also kill the Genereal dude that spawn whenyou tuch the pilarstones?

nope i must have missed those pillarstones, ill look again, thanks.
    -Archival -Templar, NA
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    Qhival wrote: »
    I'm a v12 templar and recently figured out a build that lets me solo craglorn...
    Hi @Qhival, would please share that build, I would be interested. Thanks!
  • Qhival
    Qhival
    ✭✭✭

-49 points in health

-create a light armor seducer set with +health enchantments w/ impenetrable traits and use mana reduction jewelry.
    -use a restoration staff as your main weapon
    -max out your racial passives of course.
    -max out all the fighters guild passives
    -max out light armor tree passives
    -max out restoration staff passives
    -in the aedric spear tree max out all the passives
    -in the dawn wrath tree max out the restoring spirit passive
    -in the restoring light tree max out master ritualist
    -be a werewolf, and max out blood rage passive

my hotbar is :
    1. any werewolf ability so blood rage passive triggers
    2. harness magic or spiked bone shield
    3. puncturing strikes
    4. blazing shield
    5. repentance
    ULTIMATE : Empowering Sweep,

Play style is simple. Keep blazing shield up all the time, spam puncturing strikes.
    Harness Magic / Spiked bone shield is situational.
    If you get low on mana, restore it with your heavy restoration attacks.
    Use your ult whenever you can. It will charge very quickly from blood rage.
    Repentance heals you based on corpses around you and costs 0 mana.

I chose max health instead of mana because there are times when enemies in craglorn will hit you so hard it will go past what your shield can absorb. Having that health buffer lets you stay alive as you regain it with the health leach from puncturing strikes. The rest is just experience.
    Edited by Qhival on November 1, 2014 12:33AM
    -Archival -Templar, NA
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭

-49 points in health

-create a light armor seducer set with +health enchantments w/ impenetrable traits and use mana reduction jewelry.
    -use a restoration staff as your main weapon
    -max out your racial passives of course.
    -max out all the fighters guild passives
    -max out light armor tree passives
    -max out restoration staff passives
    -in the aedric spear tree max out all the passives
    -in the dawn wrath tree max out the restoring spirit passive
    -in the restoring light tree max out master ritualist
    -be a werewolf, and max out blood rage passive

my hotbar is :
    1. any werewolf ability so blood rage passive triggers
    2. harness magic or spiked bone shield
    3. puncturing strikes
    4. blazing shield
    5. repentance
    ULTIMATE : Empowering Sweep,

Play style is simple. Keep blazing shield up all the time, spam puncturing strikes.
    Harness Magic / Spiked bone shield is situational.
    If you get low on mana, restore it with your heavy restoration attacks.
    Use your ult whenever you can. It will charge very quickly from blood rage.
    Repentance heals you based on corpses around you and costs 0 mana.

I chose max health instead of mana because there are times when enemies in craglorn will hit you so hard it will go past what your shield can absorb. Having that health buffer lets you stay alive as you regain it with the health leach from puncturing strikes. The rest is just experience.

Thanks Buddy!
  • Qhival
    Qhival
    ✭✭✭
    no problem. i'm on NA server let me know how it works for ya :)
    Edited by Qhival on November 1, 2014 1:58AM
    -Archival -Templar, NA
  • Qhival
    Qhival
    ✭✭✭
    hmm. i went back and killed the pillar boss, still didnt clear the dungeon. is there a 3rd boss?
    -Archival -Templar, NA
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't that the dungeon with a group of mages in the North East corner? I remember a small opening leading to those bosses. This could be the wrong dungeon but I can't check right now, sorry.
    Wololo.
  • Qhival
    Qhival
    ✭✭✭
    i killed 4 mages with an elemental, and another ghost like boss i summoned at a pillar with a puzzle.
    -Archival -Templar, NA
  • qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO
    from memory you do have to complete the quest too.
  • Qhival
    Qhival
    ✭✭✭
    from memory you do have to complete the quest too.

ah that's probably it.
    -Archival -Templar, NA
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do mobs even crit? I didn't think so...and if they don't then you would be better off running infused, divines, or some combination thereof.
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    There's a group of 3 boss mages, one of each element. Each spawns elemental adds once they die. They're at the far northeast in a grotto type area--above ground, but you have to go through a short tunnel.

I'd be very impressed if you soloed these.
    Edited by KenjiJU on November 1, 2014 5:40AM
  • Qhival
    Qhival
    ✭✭✭
    KenjiJU wrote: »
    There's a group of 3 boss mages, one of each element. Each spawns elemental adds once they die. They're at the far northeast in a grotto type area--above ground, but you have to go through a short tunnel.

I'd be very impressed if you soloed these.

ok that makes 3 bosses then, i've only fought 1 boss above ground, the other was underground, must have missed those mages, but challenge accepted lol.
    Valymer wrote: »
    Do mobs even crit? I didn't think so...and if they don't then you would be better off running infused, divines, or some combination thereof.

according to this they do
    983669_879888712026984_5160221566741924611_n.jpg

also, if you have the foundry tactical combat mod you can see when they crit you. they will be displayed in **, like *888* in the floating combat text. Against trash mobs it's negligble and low chance, but if a boss crits you, it could be lights out in 1 shot without some sort of damage shield and impen
    Edited by Qhival on November 1, 2014 6:04AM
    -Archival -Templar, NA
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting...
  • Qhival
    Qhival
    ✭✭✭
    sometimes the archers will crit me for 3k light attack even with a full suit of impen
    -Archival -Templar, NA
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sometimes the archers will crit me for 3k light attack even with a full suit of impen

That would seem to imply that their mechanics work differently than players...

A full set of legendary armor with impen would be 70% crit chance reduction, right? Which from all the testing I've read about means that it is literally impossible for anything with less than 70% crit chance to ever crit you.

But the fact that you got crit means one of two things. Either:

1) The archer has >70% chance to crit. This seems impossible, since most people aren't running any impen on their PvE gear and at >70% crit the archer would be doing much more damage to these players than they currently are.

2) Mob crits work fundamentally different than player crits.

But from the GM/dev message you posted above, it seems that they are saying that mob crits work exactly the same as player crits. So something doesn't add up.
    Edited by Valymer on November 1, 2014 6:48AM
This discussion has been closed.