The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion for Keen Eye skills

Qhival
Qhival
✭✭✭
As those skills stand, I think very few people put more than 1 point into them. With 1 point I'm already stopping every 5 seconds to grab a rune or a alchemy plant. I really don't bother with the other mats anymore because they pile up so quickly.

I think it would be cool to add crafting cache chests that would be visible at rank 3. I also think it would be nice to have some sort of treasure hunter keen eye skill for the normal chests in the world tree. Perhaps even streamline the whole thing and move all keen eye skills into the world tree and make it 6 ranks for everything. Rank 4 could be crafting cache chests, rank 5 could be treasure hunter, rank 6 perhaps even treasure maps or something.
Edited by Qhival on October 31, 2014 6:48PM
-Archival -Templar, NA
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially the runestone one needs some help, since those are usually pretty visible from quite a distance since the Devs made them light up like a torch. Would be nice to have some reason to invest more in them, without punishing people who just want the one to see the resource nodes.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish they would make a toggle on the effect. So, that after we invested in the skill, we could turn it off for those times we are not gathering resources.

I did choose level 3 in this one time during a respec just to see the difference. It would help to plan an efficient path as your going along rather than an abrupt zig zag, but your right OP, 1 point is all one needs in those skills.

I also put a point into each of the other keen eyes on that character, it looked like I was running through a forest fire.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"