The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How did your keyboard die?

VictorBrav0
VictorBrav0
✭✭
As gamers, we are naturally susceptible to the horrors of loosing a keyboard or mouse through a terrible event. Veterans have all lost a keyboard or a mouse one way or another, and the question is... how did your keyboard/mouse die?
Eromir Stark - Ebonheart Pact, NB Breton VR 8
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well my keyboard is still alive, but my last mouse died because of my "aggression".
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A black beverage with bubbles and a red label.
    RIP Logitech K800. :cry:
    Wololo.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually right after I ball my hand up into a fist and drop it with extreme velocity towards the desk as a reaction to some boss that just won't cooperate by dieing from my supposedly skillful rotation.

It's why I keep a spare around.
    Edited by Nestor on October 31, 2014 5:09PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• astro74
    astro74
    ✭✭✭
    It got electrocuted when passning through my TV screen together with my mouse after I tried to swap weapons for 5 minuters in PvP...

Well to be honest it only happened within my mind and not in reality.

I been gaming since vic 20 was the coolest thing you could have and never broke a keyboard... Destroyed a couple of joysticks though...
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last one I lost was due to an unfortunate incident with Pixie Stix. I don't recommend fooling around with them around electronics.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The same way all keyboards die. From being single too long :smiling_imp: Found me a woman had this keyboard for 3 years now.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My poor keyboards. First the letters that mark the keys rub off. Then W, A, S and D gradually stick until I blame too many game deaths on those sticky keys and into the dark closet the poor keyboard is thrown to await the next free recycling event.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »
    My poor keyboards. First the letters that mark the keys rub off. Then W, A, S and D gradually stick until I blame too many game deaths on those sticky keys and into the dark closet the poor keyboard is thrown to await the next free recycling event.

This ^^^

I currently have eleven keys I can't read on my keyboard... if I'm not thinking about it, it's not a problem. However, I can only touch-type when I'm not thinking about it. When I think about it, my typing speed drops from around 45 WPM to about 5...

Sickening to think that I once had a young lady working for me (programmer) who could type 70+ WPM flawlessly. You could only see the blur of her fingers on the keyboard...

Could buy a new keyboard, I guess... or really learn how to type.

Nah...
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    After hardcore decibel ERP! w/VIP Fireshot

Suru
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I temporarily broke my Nostromo Dpad while spamming it in rage over not getting out of combat so I could mount a horse. (can we at least make it so death gets you out of combat?) It cleared up on it's own thankfully.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    "You cannot switch weapons at this time"
    Mouse Smash!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL my Xbox controller is working like a champ still after 60+ days played <3 .
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had anything die on me in ESO yet but awhile back I tried to avoid a hit in a game with a wireless mouse and the batteries exploded just as I got hit. The bang of the explosion scared the crap out of me. Battery acid was everywhere :# . That was the last time I used wireless.
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never buy loose keyboards; I believe keyboards should not be allowed to reproduce.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sickening to think that I once had a young lady working for me (programmer) who could type 70+ WPM flawlessly. You could only see the blur of her fingers on the keyboard...

I saw a video of a woman back in the late 90's who claimed she could type 200+ words a minute. It was a tech show where they talked about a new keyboard shape to combat carpal tunnel, we see them now as the "natural keyboards". I thought nah nobody can do that, until she started typing then watched the screen as text filled in for about a minute after she stopped typing. I was in awe.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BCBasher
    BCBasher
    ✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    A black beverage with bubbles and a red label.
    RIP Logitech K800. :cry:
    I did my steelserise apex with orange soda, I held it upside down and sprayed ammonia based glass cleaner into it until it was pouring back out then dried it with compressed air. Aside for an occasional stuckiy key it still works fine.
  • Vegaroth
    Vegaroth
    ✭✭✭
    mines when they die, usually is cuz they go kamikazee against a wall.... =(
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cat jumped up on my desk and knocked over a full 22oz. beer on it. Cost $120 to replace it.
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are ways to actually clean keyboards in your dishwasher.

Cold/warm water only no dry cycle.

And let drip dry for days... nah forget it none of us could wait that long to get back in the game. :'(
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    For some reason I got really, Really Angry and it broke when I vented my rage on it and the desk. I blame the interwebz.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As gamers, we are naturally susceptible to the horrors of loosing a keyboard or mouse through a terrible event. Veterans have all lost a keyboard or a mouse one way or another, and the question is... how did your keyboard/mouse die?

Mine are not dead yet, but they're about to die.
    Reasons for the keyboard: trying to hit some spell buttons like an idiot in hope the magicka would finally have recovered enough to cast right away. And: too much tobacco that drops in.
    Reasons for the mouse: well, I play TL2 alot ;)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the time the cables die on me and usually I do not bother replacing them. I have also quit on wireless mouse and keyboards some time ago so cables are a problem. There is also the problem of liquids spilling on them but that usually happens when I am actually working very late at night not while gaming. This is mostly has been fixed by getting the best keyboard ever made ever.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2409927,00.asp
    Really good for typing on while drinking cofe from it on it or under it.Nothing is crappier than having a morning deadline and your keyboard quitting on you followed by your printer and ultimately by your internet connection and any hope of mailing your crap to another place with a printer.

Edited by PBpsy on November 1, 2014 7:25AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    I've been using this keyboard since 99 or 2000 I think. MS Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard with the infamous F lock. It's still comfortable.

W,E,R,A,S,D,V,N,M, Left Alt are mostly worn, but the rest are intact.

On the other hand, I've lost several mice due to the double-click-single-click. I can fix them, but it doesn't last long. Usually takes about a year for a mouse to die to this. Faster if I happen to play D2.

Sidenote, there's a logitech MX1000 (discontinued) at work I really wanna steal..
    Edited by KenjiJU on November 1, 2014 10:16AM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My keyboard has dandruff........

If I turn it upside down and shake it, it's like a snow storm but it still works :D
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    My keyboard has dandruff........

If I turn it upside down and shake it, it's like a snow storm but it still works :D

Hahaha! Mine usually die from a combination of cat fur, water damage, and rough handling.
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • cyqa
    cyqa
    ✭✭✭
    I play on a laptop and I like to keep it pristine..

But I do have a funny story about a friend of mine. She spilled juice on not one, but two Macbook Pros. The first time she just bought a replacement, the second time she took it to Apple to see if she can get it fixed. The report started: "Opened customer's laptop and removed rice.."

She had dumped her ENTIRE LAPTOP INTO A BAG OF RICE in an attempt to soak out the juice. Oh yeah, this woman is an accomplished doctor with many awards to her name. :p:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My prevoius keyboard died because of too much tobacco between the keys! :(
    PC EU
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i had a razor and i paid alot for it
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/razer-blackwidow-chroma-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/8501005.p;jsessionid=5FF5B546448B7CB5AA47CFC2C27FDCDE.bbolsp-app03-142?id=1219340875088&amp;skuId=8501005&amp;st=razer keyboard&amp;cp=1&amp;lp=3
    i accidently spilled tomato soup on it while getting up out of my chair, i heard a "zzzzt" and a frying sound and i knew she was dead :(
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭
    Beer
  • Karnus
    Karnus
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bit too much immersion when I started wearing these.
    1000px-DaedricGauntlets.png
    Formerly Karnus, the Marauder in Warhammer.