The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crystal Blast vs. Reflective Scales

Sleep
Sleep
✭✭✭✭
First things first, I wasn't testing it intentionally so I might be wrong. I just noticed something interesting.
I threw some Crystal Blasts to some DKs who were spamming Scales but I didn't got hit by my Crystal Blast. I wasn't in stealth. I could see the projectile arc to a target that was continuely spamming Scales and disappear with nothing going back to me. Though I didn't notice if the projectile was doing any damage to the target. If I wasn't wrong, is this intended? AoE projectiles cannot be reflected?

update:
Crystal Blast can be reflected. I noticed that this skill's damage latency both from caster to target and from target back to caster are very high, so it gave me the feeling that it's not reflectable. Usually I saw the projectile hit a target and disappear, after about 1 or 2 seconds the target was knocked down and took damage. If the projectile was reflected, no reflected projectiles showed up and it would take 1 or 2 seconds to hit the orignial caster.
Edited by Sleep on November 2, 2014 11:46PM
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your observations are correct. In many cases, the projectiles aren't returned to the caster but merely absorbed by the reflective scales.

Furthermore, flying blade doesn't seem to be reflectable anymore either.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »

Hmm, gotta test this...

[EDIT] nope still being reflected.
    Edited by Sharee on November 1, 2014 1:56PM
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    Your observations are correct. In many cases, the projectiles aren't returned to the caster but merely absorbed by the reflective scales.

Why i think it is...:)
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would to see, like STREAK a good cost on this skill, 99% of all DK's just keep spamming Scales! ONLY it.

@Zenimax what do you do about it? you did really good on STREAK, and now?
    NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    AelyinESO wrote: »
    I would to see, like STREAK a good cost on this skill, 99% of all DK's just keep spamming Scales! ONLY it.

@Zenimax what do you do about it? you did really good on STREAK, and now?

Yes, that is an interesting idea, if they are spamming it like streak was spammed then should the same cost increase timer be applied? Of course everyone is running Warlock(not just DKs but every class loves the Warlock) so it won't make much of a difference, only if you try not running it.
    Edited by Pyatra on November 14, 2014 8:06PM
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ yeup....this game is cookie cutter everything all day.