The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Thinking about playing another faction

bosmern_ESO
bosmern_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently I'm playing AD, and I have a lot of AD pride. But I have a random urge to play on DC. Probably because they are the underdogs and I love to be at a disadvantage. So I feel like I should try out DC because I might be a Smurf at heart.
Though my favorite race is Bosmer, they are the only reason why I decided to fight for AD, to not betray Bosmer.

I'm at an impasse...
~Thallen~
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to be on the loosing side sure go for DC.
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    If you pre-ordered, you could play a DC Bosmer. I read there's some place where you can get the game still with a pre-order bonus code somehow, but no idea where that thread is or where you'd look.
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Underdogs that regularly beat AD superior numbers with superior tactics :smile:

If you didn't pre-order, you can pick up an Explorers Pack on ebay pretty cheap.

Anyone coming to DC will be welcomed with a basket of blueberries and asked to dispose of all chinaberries and strawberries as we have strict laws regarding the importation of foreign fruits.
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chinaberries? Whoa whoa whoa
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On what planet are they the underdogs?
    Underdogs that regularly beat AD superior numbers with superior tactics :smile:

If you didn't pre-order, you can pick up an Explorers Pack on ebay pretty cheap.

Anyone coming to DC will be welcomed with a basket of blueberries and asked to dispose of all chinaberries and strawberries as we have strict laws regarding the importation of foreign fruits.

Edited: Because chinaberries are an actual thing and not apparently a racial slur against asians.....mind=blown. Sorry dude
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on October 31, 2014 9:15AM
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the Covenant soldier. There's always room for cooks, servants and grave diggers on the battlefield.
    Wololo.
  • Mos-De-Atmo
    Mos-De-Atmo
    ✭✭✭
    Chinaberries. They look somewhat yellow.
    Edited by Mos-De-Atmo on October 31, 2014 9:06AM
    ESO Academy - Up To Date Info, Guides and Tips For The Elder Scrolls Online
    - ESO Skills
    - ESO Item Sets
    - ESO Builds
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chinaberries. They look somewhat yellow.

....that's an actual thing....I have no words. They look like they're not at all tasty.

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They look like they're not at all tasty.
    Stop right there criminal scum! I almost reported you for that one.
    Wololo.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop-11-right-there.png

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU side even outnumbered DC are doing well.
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Nord playing on DC.
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My Bosmer Nightblade and Bosmer Sorcerer are both DC.

Resist the Altmer.
    Edited by Samadhi on October 31, 2014 5:00PM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    I play in AD because all my starting ESO friends prefer this faction, now they all give up this game but i made "new friends" so i will stay in AD.

My preferences were on EP side because i like the nord class and the lore around it even the general landscape.
    So i will stay with my Nord stamina build ocasionaly Werewolf, palying in AD having fun in Cyrodiil most of the time.
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you PvP don't even dare play another faction. If you have a lot of characters on one faction then attempt to PvP on another then chances are you will either be in a dead campaign or have to pay 15k ap on each character to switch campaigns and wait a 3 day lockout whenever you want to pvp on another alliance. It's really bad design.

My suggestion is don't do it if you plan to pvp. If you don't pvp much or don't care really then go for it!
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    They aren't underdogs lol AD only did so well because they used exploits and engaged in emperor trading.
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    If you PvP don't even dare play another faction. If you have a lot of characters on one faction then attempt to PvP on another then chances are you will either be in a dead campaign or have to pay 15k ap on each character to switch campaigns and wait a 3 day lockout whenever you want to pvp on another alliance. It's really bad design.

My suggestion is don't do it if you plan to pvp. If you don't pvp much or don't care really then go for it!

I completely forgot that ;-; I have a V12 NB and V14 DK AD on Thorn, I think I'll stick with AD lol.
    ~Thallen~
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOOOOOOM! IN YO FACE BLUE IN YO FACE

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    I have one EP character and one AD character but so far have only gone to Cyrodiil as EP.