Zenimax, work on these instead of Craglorn

WhitePawPrints
WhitePawPrints
✭✭✭✭✭
Why are you continuing on with this Craglorn, forced group instances? A vast majority of the community hates it! A vast majority of the community has left because of it, and the current subscribers are still hating it!

Stop! Scrap everything that has the word "Craglorn" in it.

I stopped playing this game because I cannot play with friends. That is the basics of any multiplayer game, is to play with friends! MMO expands on that idea, but you destroyed the core concept.

Forced Solo Instancing for the Main Quests, Fighters Guild Quests and Mages Guild Quests is the dumbest idea for an MMO ever!

Forced Group Instancing is equally bad. I want to play with friends, not with random players that I do not like and could care less about. I played in groups in my guilds, where the group leaders are idiots and take forever to progress from one mob to the next; I've played with groups where the group leader is self-entitled, yelling at players to "do what crown says or leave"; I've joined PUGS where people split off and do random things; I've led groups where people simply don't listen or have any common sense. Playing with groups of more than a few people, it is NOT fun. It's annoying!

STOP with this Craglorn crap, especially when you have so many damn bugs that this game would have flopped if it were not for the Elder Scrolls title.

If you want to add new content while your technical team works on the bugs and server crap, then add any of the following:

1. Player Housing, Very Highly Requested.
2. More Mounts (i.e. Battle Senche)
3. More Alchemy Options (i.e. Dyes, Poisons, World Interactive (Animal Deterrants, Deadra Deterrants, anything!)
4. More Style Motifs
5. Unique Item Artwork (Tired of Ancient Elf stuff looking the same no matter the level.)
6. More Crafting Tables (that are NOT LOCKED behind Craglorn garbage)
7. More Character Creation Options (Digitigrade Style Khajiit, More Facial Hair Options, More Tattoo Options, etc.)
8. Underwater zones (On Any Coastline)
9. Naval Boats to Travel On (Even Guild Controlled Boats for a Home Base/ PVP Naval Battles in the Sea)
10. Exclusive questlines to worship specific Deadra/Aedra (Become a Devoted Follower, instead of jack of all trades when it comes to doing god questlines.)
11. Craftable Costumes
12. Thieves Guild (Stop Promising it, and DO IT!)
13. Dark Brotherhood (Stop Promising it, and DO IT!)
14. Companions Skill Line (Exclusive)
15. Dueling!
16. Elder Scroll Themed Holidays! (Quit asking your RP community to do the work for you!)
17. More Emotes! (Easy to do, most animations are already in the game!)
18. Unarmed Skill Line, Very Highly Requested
19. More, UNIQUE, dungeons.
20. Making Veteran Zones a Spy/Sabotage mission for your faction rather than this recycle, alternative universe garbage.

STOP with Craglorn. Scrap any future plans of development for that garbage now! ANY of the above will be better than more ZONE garbage that forces groups to even do them!

Moderator edit: removed inflammatory language and adjusted the thread title to foster more constructive conversation.
Edited by ZOS_TristanK on October 30, 2014 8:08PM
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol you again. There's plenty of threads for each item in your list already.
    Edited by Sallington on October 30, 2014 7:00PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no more group content, WE NEED MORE EMOTES ZOS.

Scratch that, remove some of the restrictions to grouping/quest progression in craglorn and you're golden, ZOS. Thanks.
    Options
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you're a persistent one....I swear its only been less than 10 minuets and I see you making another thread laced with so much anger.
    Options
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You complain that you left the game because you can't group with friends, but then you complain about the content that is designed to be played with a group?
    I agree with player housing and a wider variety of mounts, but more crafting tables? Why? And what tables are locked behind "Craglorn Garbage"? You can sneak around mobs to get to any of the Crafting Set locations.
    Also dueling and themed holidays have been implemented by the players so why should the devs focus on something that exists when you can already find it on your own?
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how you have a list 20 items you think the devs should absolutely focus on, and I couldn't care less for 19 of them :D

Each to their own I guess
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In B4 thread closed: pointless bickering. Also OP, you do not speak for the community. A number of us are enjoying Craglorn; and the games numbers are not suffering.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to add new content while your technical team works on the bugs and server crap, then add any of the following:

3. More Alchemy Options (i.e. Dyes, Poisons, World Interactive (Animal Deterrants, Deadra Deterrants, anything!)
    4. More Style Motifs
    5. Unique Item Artwork (Tired of Ancient Elf stuff looking the same no matter the level.)
    7. More Character Creation Options (Digitigrade Style Khajiit, More Facial Hair Options, More Tattoo Options, etc.)
    9. Naval Boats to Travel On (Even Guild Controlled Boats for a Home Base/ PVP Naval Battles in the Sea)
    10. Exclusive questlines to worship specific Deadra/Aedra (Become a Devoted Follower, instead of jack of all trades when it comes to doing god questlines.)
    11. Craftable Costumes
    15. Dueling!
    16. Elder Scroll Themed Holidays! (Quit asking your RP community to do the work for you!)
    20. Making Veteran Zones a Spy/Sabotage mission for your faction rather than this recycle, alternative universe garbage.

STOP with Craglorn. Scrap any future plans of development for that garbage now! ANY of the above will be better than more ZONE garbage that forces groups to even do them!

The suggestions aren't bad but most (all) of them have already been posted elsewhere. Anyway, is the PR team even reading them anymore?

I disagree with you on Craglorn though. ESO needs an endgame area with content for groups of 12 players.
    If you don't like force-grouping, simply don't go to Craglorn. Feel free to grab the shards, it's doable with 1 or 2 players, and go back to the Vet Dungeons or Cyrodiil. There are no skill points and no advantages whatsoever in playing in Craglorn if you don't like that content.
    Wololo.
    Options
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed "please make it so I can hide my vampirism". Your list would then be complete.
    Edited by clayandaudrey_ESO on October 30, 2014 7:58PM
    Options
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, folks. We wanted to let you know that we've removed several comments that violated out Code of Conduct from this thread. Please keep in mind that no body wins when tempers run high and that if you do not have anything constructive to add to a thread, please refrain from posting at all and move on.

That said, @WhitePawPrints, we can assure you that we are hard at work on several of your suggestions, including adding additional mounts, motifs, the Thieves Guild, and the Dark Brotherhood. Additionally, we are glad to read your other suggestions and any constructive conversation that follows.

Like we said, we've removed several posts from this thread in the hopes that it will turn into a constructive conversation so that we can leave the thread open. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some good ideas, not original but still good… some just silly.

To bad the OP has to come across they way he/she/it does.

Yes, Craglorn's "forced… unable to share… very hard to group… or even find people with or on same stage… questing" needs a very LARGE rethinking.

The rest of what was spewed in the initial post is either being worked on, commented on, discussed at summits and/or in bi-weekly videos…

Some of it probably plain ain't happening… deal with it.

Options
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭

4. More Style Motifs
    11. Craftable Costumes
    15. Dueling!

Moderator edit: removed inflammatory language and adjusted the thread title to foster more constructive conversation.

1. Confirmed, is something they want to implement and will, just not any time soon. (speculation late 2015 early 2016)
    2. They have commented on more mounts and is something they are doing (I suspect a mount will be the 6months reward for the loyalty system)
    3. YES YES YES
    4. More styles are already being implemented 1.5 brings Dwemer, and which ever patch comes Imperial City (1.7/8)it'll have the Xivkyn motif (Imperial Daedric)
    5. YES!, I agree, and I think the unique part should come from the crafters. If I am a High Elf race who is crafting, I strongly believe that the High Elf style should look unique as it's my race, I should excel at that style more so than any other.
    6. Yes and No, I would love to see more player created sets (ones that have better stats) but they should be locked behind some sort of gate. Releasing content that is opened to everyone without having to actually do anything defeats the purpose of the game. Why play if it's handed to you?
    7. Yes, in the form of a barbershop or similar idea.
    8. This'll be happening, I suspect some sort of expansion to the game, possibly Patch 3.0 (2.0 will be the champion system (i suspect)
    9. Meh..(personal opinion)
    10. Sort of already in the game (Vampire). So more of an expansion on this allowing us to solely worship Meridia (proving bonuses to healing done as well as an added skill line) (guess this could be argued (in a broad way) the mundus stones do this..
    11. YES!! more reasons to find a crafter.
    12. Already being done... But won't be discussed until Champion System and Justice Systems have launched.
    13. Same as 12
    14. Meh.
    15. YES!!!!, I been asking for this prior to launch
    16. Same as 15
    17. Meh
    18. Meh, but I like the idea
    19. Meh, I'd just like longer epic dungeons (specifically trials) (4-mans are already improving from what they were and are offering unique mechanics, so that makes me happy
    20. YES, I hate the 50+/50++ content. It RUINS any faction pride we built during the 1-50 levels.

ADDED
    21. More unique classes to the specific factions, or unique skill trees., I hate the fact I have to hate DKs on my side as well as DKs on the opposing factions. I miss having to HATE Enchanters and their filthy little pets, or Nightshades because they always felt more OP than my Shadowblade. I want to hate ALDMERI DOMINION, not Yellow or Banana, or whatever non faction related name. Bring in mechanics that will instill the players with pride for their faction and hatred for all those who do not swear alliance to their King/Queen
    Edited by Garbrac on October 30, 2014 9:13PM
    Options
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Good threat, at least hes thinking for the "road ahead"..
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much anger and hate.

So you're basically raging over stuff that isn't out because the game's only 6 months old?

Relax dude, it'll come in time.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad list except for the housing. No one plays or stays in a game for instanced housing. See Wildstar. Housing is a huge wast of resources imho.
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And WildStar is going the way of the Titanic apparently. So much so they're laying people off.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax needs to STOP DOING GROUP BASED CONTENT all together and give you the option to group.

Example:

Zone quest - if you group it scales, scales the reward, scales the difficulty - think GW2, the more people, the harder it becomes the better (in some cases) the loot.

IMPLEMENT ACTUAL ES CONTENT - like stated, theives guild, dark brother hood (dont mess up the darkbrother hood, in every es game I believe you had to kill some one or multiple people before you got a note - dont let me walk up to them all willy nilly and join)

BALANCE/BUG FIX - should be number 1. STOP ALL DEVELOPMENT ON EVERYTHING UNTIL THIS IS 100% COMPLETE. (do you guys not unit test the basic code? have proper play through and a proper QA team? like come on now)

thanks
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the OP's list, I want to see this as well..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its really quite nice summary, shame the OP posted this in such maner, it looses value because of it and many people might not take it seriously
    Options
  • DragonWitch
    DragonWitch
    ✭✭
    Salacious wrote: »

(dont mess up the darkbrother hood, in every es game I believe you had to kill some one or multiple people before you got a note - dont let me walk up to them all willy nilly and join)

This... It would kill me inside if I could just walk up and join (or even locate) a secretive group of assassins without AT LEAST proving that I have the capability to not ruin all their plans and expose them completely first...
    And you're Kruppe. You must be - who else in this city tries to eat with his nose when his mouth is filled?
    -Torvlad Nom

"Now, now. Quarters are cramped and nerves are frayed and Ublala's cramped brain is fraying our nerves without quarter..."
    -Tehol

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.
    Options