The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Population "Locks"?

rtc07
rtc07
✭✭
I play NA Thornblade for DC, and my log in time coincides with primetime (usually log on 8-9ish EST on week nights) when all three populations are locked. For the past 2 weeks I have not had to wait in a queue once despite the blue bars showing as locked every single time. Prior to that, the queue would usually be anywhere from 5-35 people long.

I'm not sure what to make of this or exactly what my question is. Is there some sort of buffer on when the status shows as locked? For example, if the hard lock is 200 people, does it begin to show as locked at 190? And as long as it remains below 200 you don't wait in a queue despite the symbol showing locked?

Just thought I would share.
Heder - V14 DK, Thornblade NA
Schrecken - V11 NB, Thornblade NA
The Undead Lords
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has there ever been official word on the exact number of players in Cyrodil before your faction is pop locked?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember at launch "Locked" was 600 players, so a max of 1800 players in a campaign. But I think that was changed, not sure. Anyone have the answer?
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know the exact number of players at which a faction locks, but Wheeler once confirmed that the "lock" icon does appear before the campaign is 100% full. Whether the lock icon appears at 76% or 90% or 99%, though, I have no idea.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lock icon appears at 90% capacity.
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    Locked icon appears at 90%, Brian stated it in some discussion some time ago.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    The lock icon appears at 90% capacity.
    rsciw wrote: »
    Locked icon appears at 90%, Brian stated it in some discussion some time ago.

This is the correct answer.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • rtc07
    rtc07
    ✭✭
    Seems like we have an answer! So my estimation is that despite showing the locked symbol, DC is generally playing with 1-10% few players than AD (assuming there are still big queues there)
    Heder - V14 DK, Thornblade NA
    Schrecken - V11 NB, Thornblade NA
    The Undead Lords