The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nord Passives

Davadin
Davadin
✭✭✭✭✭
Since quite a few already voted I see that Nord's ice/cold passive is TEH SUX...

Can we have a revisit for all passives compared to the Nord? I can't believe how Dunmer can get fire resistance (which used alot in game) and Nord gets... Ice? And 2H training only? So after I maxed up 2-H skils, the passive is useless for me?

I love my nord, but feels like things can be improved.

Thanks,
August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well Ice resistance is quite handy in several parts of the story, not to mention against ice staffs.

And the Nord's two handed is no more useless than the Dunmer's Dual weild training passive.

Not saying it's the best set of Passives, because I haven't created a nord yet, but they aren't straight out awful. If you can get some to agree with you, then ZOS might give the passives a re-evaluation though.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord 6% reduction to damage is, imo, the best racial passive for PvP.
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    It *is* great, especially if you run a mitigation-stacking build.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »
    It *is* great, especially if you run a mitigation-stacking build.

IMO the nord passive is generally overvalued. I've ran it on the PTS to test it, and it appears that despite popular opinion, it is in fact not additive with armor mitigation - it's always just a flat 6%.

If anyone wants to replicate, I tested on a VR3 crocodile near the spawn point for the 1.5 undaunted template. With all available armor buffs active (immovable, lightning form, ring of protection, bound aegis) damage from the "auto attack" went down from 95 to 90 consistently after taking the racial.

It's still the best if you're absolutely hell bent on optimizing your mitigation values over everything, but IMO imperial with their crazy +22% stat pools or dunmer with their insane DK synergies generally do more for you.
    Edited by guybrushtb16_ESO on November 18, 2014 6:09PM