What happened to Whitefall Mountain?

CoolsHisHands
CoolsHisHands
✭✭✭
I've found it pretty interesting going back and forth between the ESO Cyrodiil map and the Oblivion Cyrodiil map, noting the many similarities.

One thing that struck me as odd though, is that Whitefall mountain doesn't appear in Oblivion. Whitefall mountain is a huge landform northeast of Arrius Lake in ESO. In Oblivion, there's pretty much nothing. Or at least nothing very imposing.

Did it all get mined away in the 1000 intervening years? Do you think there's some story here that has yet to come to light?
Vokundein
Cools-His-Hands - Argonian Extraordinaire - Legend Gaming Webmaster
www.legend-gaming.net
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1,000 years is a long time. that could be an interesting story. Maybe it did get mined and collapsed or something. Or maybe the Dwarves built something under it and just flew it away and where all like "Peace out" OR maybe it could be like a volcanic eruption that created it hundreds of years later.

Edit: Ii also gotta agree with the Aliens Guy
    Edited by ers101284b14_ESO on October 30, 2014 4:15PM
    Options
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    full-207-60645-domainku.com_albums_post_history_channel_alien_guy_meme_generator_aliens_98f63b_1.jpg
    Options
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be somehow related to Talos, even if CHIM acted retroactively to reshape Cyrodiil, that mountain might be an exception or something (?)
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe it got eroded by rain, and in the Oblivion era is nothing more than a foot hill. :wink:
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've found it pretty interesting going back and forth between the ESO Cyrodiil map and the Oblivion Cyrodiil map, noting the many similarities.

One thing that struck me as odd though, is that Whitefall mountain doesn't appear in Oblivion. Whitefall mountain is a huge landform northeast of Arrius Lake in ESO. In Oblivion, there's pretty much nothing. Or at least nothing very imposing.

Did it all get mined away in the 1000 intervening years? Do you think there's some story here that has yet to come to light?

957 years to the rise of the Dragonborn from the start of the Alliance War, which makes it 756 years to the Oblivion Crisis. Perhaps something major happens to remove it in the course of the Alliance War or one of the following wars.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't bother. They are not the same place, even in different times.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't bother. They are not the same place, even in different times.

Agreed. Oblivion is my favourite Elder Scrolls game so I was very happy to go back to Cyrodiil. I spent a heap of time comparing the two just after launch and found it really is far too different.
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure about White Fall Mountain (somehow I didn't notice this).
    But this reminds of High Hrothgar next to Ivarstead (in the Rift). In ESO we cannot go up the "7000 steps" like in Skyrim, the path is blocked by trees, but when you look up, it's not even close to how it looks like in Skyrim, it has the same height like all the other mountains which border the area. I wonder if it has grown between ESO and Skyrim eras? ;)
    There are even some other landscapes which made me wonder what happened in the meantime..^^
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    My Lord MEHRUNES DAGONS MOVED IT.

As he shall do with your PITIFUL IMPERIAL CITY

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Options