Need a Longer Ignore List

bellanca6561n
bellanca6561n
✭✭✭✭✭
Yes, I know - there is a solution; just stay off zone chat.

Nonetheless I was wondering why the length of our ignore lists was set where it was. We have a lot of kids and former World of Warcraft players in this game. I filled my ignore list in minutes. Plus sometimes you really need zone chat.

Okay, I'm kidding. It took more than minutes to run out of ignore list entries. Filled up pretty quick though.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clear it out occassionally.

I haven't added anyone to my ignore list for about four months, but prior to that I just cleared it out very so often, if someone on it was still a gold seller or a jackass, then back on they went.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Ignored.
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had to ignore anyone since the gold sellers went away
    Options
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is why is it so short. This wasn't a poll. And, now that I think about it, this really isn't the place for that question.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nonetheless I was wondering why the length of our ignore lists was set where it was.

Each name in the Zone chat has to be compared to what's in your list, then determined if the text can be shown to you. Since this is done one at a time going through the list top to bottom, if it was much larger it would slow down zone chat to a crawl as each list was parsed for everything that was put in zone chat.

And, this comparison goes on for each and every piece of chat, as it needs to see if the name is on or off the list before it can show it you.

Edited by Nestor on October 30, 2014 3:19PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options