Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO and Dynamic Super Resolution from Nvidia

Ifthir_ESO
Ifthir_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone, just wanted to share something I found. I run the Nvidia GTX 780ti and the last day or so it seemed like my system was sluggish while running ESO. So today while it was happening, I used GPU-Z 0.8.0, clicked on the sensors tab, and looked under "GPU Load". I noticed it was at 99%. I closed ESO normally via the application, then noticed GPU Load was now at 1%. I thought back to when it started and felt like it had begun happening after I updated to Nvidia driver 344.48.

I typically have the system automatically optimize game settings via the GeForce Experience, so I checked the game optimized settings which said "Optimized". I figured I'd look through it anyway and saw that Nvidia had optimized ESO to play at the resolution of 3840x2160 DSR. DSR is Dynamic Super Resolution. According to Nvidia's website, Dynamic Super Resolution renders a game at a higher, more detailed resolution and intelligently shrinks the result back down to the resolution of your monitor, giving you 4K-quality graphics on an HD screen. When I opened ESO, and clicked on resolution, I couldn't even see the listing there. I changed it back to native 1920x1080, and instantly GPU-Z showed me GPU Load under 10%.

Not sure if this issue is on Nvidia's end or maybe a ZoS team member could help me understand why that happened, is this intentional from Nvidia? Does ESO even support that sort of technology? Anyone else encountered this?