The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

For the sake of flavor!

mousekime111rwb17_ESO
Okay so undaunted dailies giving hybrid class gear - [snip] sexy :3 I just hope I can five piece it (jewelry please) with coat of the red mountain for a true hybrid build templar! Anyway this is for the sake of flavor and I love that ZoS is going out and doing this.

Anyway @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ et-al I would LOVE to see a continuation in this trend. To be more constructive I will add some gentle suggestions.

1: The heavy armour Juggernaut - okay so unstoppable brute, juggernaut passive, dreugh king slayer set, ravager set, way of the fire set, rage set etc etc are a good sign that you're at least TRYING to see a heavy hitting heavy armor face crusher. Unfortunately due to resource management, critical hits dealing so much damage and softcaps this falls short.

I would personally suggest the following changes:
1: the Juggernaut passive - make it read along the lines of - adds 5/10% armor rating from heavy armor (not counting active skills, enchantments - mundus buffs set piece bonuses or non heavy armor pieces, etc) to non critical channeled melee attacks that use both hands as bonus damage - effects final hit of flurry, uppercut and heavy attacks with DW and 2H.
2: Give passive bonuses to the rage / ravager set to also generate 5 ultimate every time they proc for bonus weapon damage.
3: Change unstoppable brute to having the same passive as juggernaut but with 1% armor rating per piece equipped.
4: Give passive 'clumsy' when wearing a full set of heavy armor that removes crit function (excluding on sneak attacks (lel good luck getting close enough in heavy) and critical charge) to compensate for above buffs - Exchange any % crit items from dropped heavy armor sets in favor of + stamina or + weapon damage, or "grants an additional 1-2% damage from juggernaut passive."
5: Reverse slash and it's morphs benefit from juggernaut passive and similar bonuses on enemies below 25% health

Play by hitting things so hard you don't need to crit (except critical charge of course) Feel's like you're an actual juggernaut - with some number tweaking would offer similar dps although 'slightly' reduced ultimate generation to compensate for added survivability. FLAVOR

2: The sneak mage - pretty simple buff to the stygian set - "spells from stealth deal 20% more damage, if behind target spell will instead deal 50% more damage, critically strike and stun target" - Dark flare and crystal shards should now match lethal arrow - trading out light armor passives on a magicka build would self balance.

3: The pet master "COWER IN FEAR AS I SEND HORDES OF BANEKINS TO EXPLODE IN YOUR FACE AS MY TWILIGHT MATRIARCH DEALS LOADS OF DAMAGE TO YOU AND MY STORM ATRONACH RIPS YOU A NEW BUTTHOLE AND 'oh what's that, matriarch does insignificant damage, banekin spam is slow and costly (ignoring the bugs atm) Storm atronach can't be relied on as it's static and an ultimate. Damn I'll do something else.

So, spell crafting is apparently going to be able to let us summon fire atronachs and the such. That's great, but right now I'd like to see unstable familiar be fixed of bugs and also targetable in that if summoning it in combat on a target it appears on them, double tapping the key will cause it to explode in the same animation allowing for a light weave, add a mechanic that if target is alone (basically if the aoe would only hit the target) the banekin instead spears itself into the target for decent single target damage. Also have all staff basic light an heavy attacks with a matriarch up, come from the matriarch (for flavors sake! and ability to control who it attacks) and also do a significant amount of bonus damage (at very least to match it's current supplementary damage). Also make the necropotence set give pets a boost to damage of sayyyy, 10% (including ol' stormy)

This would basically be a spell damage - sorc exclusive equivalent of a crushing shock/impulse build but with waves of banekins and having a flying bat thing do the work for you! FLAVOR (obviously numbers would have to be looked at for balance sake)

4: The flagrant rip off of an affliction warlock. DoTSs DoTSs we need more DoTSs!
I would love for there to be an acceptable way to have a build that is literally 5 dots and soul assault. Also a spreading DoTS would be awesome! Think a spell that ticks 5 times each tick has a 10% chance (calculated once per target in an area) to spread to a new target - guaranteeing mass infestation and permanent damage exposure from one cast of the dot in dense amounts of enemies, and more DoTSs that are able to be put on multiple targets without removing it from the first. To counter cleanse I would suggest that DoTSs have status effects that are separate from the DoTs themselves - requiring several purges to remove the damage, slows, elemental status effects, decreased healing received etc etc.

Okay so that was a short list of suggestions but my point still stands, I'd love to see a little bit more versatility in the game - this is the ELDER SCROLLS online after all. Different ways to achieve the same thing. Even if the only net difference in game play is aesthetic it would be a novel way to broaden the scope of player builds and create a more self balancing environment. If the net change in gameplay includes approaches to rotations weapon swapping positioning and other core elements, even better.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay so undaunted dailies giving hybrid class gear - [snip] sexy :3 I just hope I can five piece it (jewelry please) with coat of the red mountain for a true hybrid build templar! Anyway this is for the sake of flavor and I love that ZoS is going out and doing this.

3: The pet master "COWER IN FEAR AS I SEND HORDES OF BANEKINS TO EXPLODE IN YOUR FACE AS MY TWILIGHT MATRIARCH DEALS LOADS OF DAMAGE TO YOU AND MY STORM ATRONACH RIPS YOU A NEW BUTTHOLE AND 'oh what's that, matriarch does insignificant damage, banekin spam is slow and costly (ignoring the bugs atm) Storm atronach can't be relied on as it's static and an ultimate. Damn I'll do something else.

So, spell crafting is apparently going to be able to let us summon fire atronachs and the such
    1. Think I get what you mean by hybrid.
    2. It has been confirmed you will be able to find five pieces, no more than four of which will ever be from the same set.
    3. Exceptions to this will be five of the same piece. You can find 5 pauldrons all day long.
    4. Should you manage to find five different pieces of the same set, one of three things will happen:
      • On equip, one piece will instantly morph itself to a piece of different set.
      • One piece will instantly morph itself to a different piece of the same set. (See pauldrons, above.)
      • There is a 1% chance that the entire set will morph to either a Legendary level 1 set (complete with Legendary Level 1 enchants) or a full white, non-set set at current level.
    5. It's a scamp, not a banekin.
    6. I'd love to be able to summon hoardes of banekin, just for the WTF and annoyance factor. Their deaths are easily one of the most dramatic in the game.
    7. Fire atronachs have been confirmed and are supposed to have 10% more health than the Twilight does. This means it dies in 3 hits instead of 2.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • mousekime111rwb17_ESO

So, spell crafting is apparently going to be able to let us summon fire atronachs and the such
    1. Think I get what you mean by hybrid.
    2. It has been confirmed you will be able to find five pieces, no more than four of which will ever be from the same set.
    3. Exceptions to this will be five of the same piece. You can find 5 pauldrons all day long.
    4. Should you manage to find five different pieces of the same set, one of three things will happen:
      • On equip, one piece will instantly morph itself to a piece of different set.
      • One piece will instantly morph itself to a different piece of the same set. (See pauldrons, above.)
      • There is a 1% chance that the entire set will morph to either a Legendary level 1 set (complete with Legendary Level 1 enchants) or a full white, non-set set at current level.
    5. It's a scamp, not a banekin.
    6. I'd love to be able to summon hoardes of banekin, just for the WTF and annoyance factor. Their deaths are easily one of the most dramatic in the game.
    7. Fire atronachs have been confirmed and are supposed to have 10% more health than the Twilight does. This means it dies in 3 hits instead of 2.

You sir are a pessimist.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You sir are a pessimist.
    LMAO. I was trying look on the bright side.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • jamie.goddenrwb17_ESO

Anyway @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ et-al I would LOVE to see a continuation in this trend. To be more constructive I will add some gentle suggestions.

1: The heavy armour Juggernaut - okay so unstoppable brute, juggernaut passive, dreugh king slayer set, ravager set, way of the fire set, rage set etc etc are a good sign that you're at least TRYING to see a heavy hitting heavy armor face crusher. Unfortunately due to resource management, critical hits dealing so much damage and softcaps this falls short.

Play by hitting things so hard you don't need to crit (except critical charge of course) Feel's like you're an actual juggernaut - with some number tweaking would offer similar dps although 'slightly' reduced ultimate generation to compensate for added survivability. FLAVOR

Dear god yes. That is all :)
    Edited by jamie.goddenrwb17_ESO on October 30, 2014 12:23AM
    I can has typing!
  • mousekime111rwb17_ESO

Dear god yes. That is all :)

Yay someone who gets where I'm coming from <3