The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where can I find L40 water?

Icy
Icy
✭✭✭✭
In The Rift the pure water drops for me are L30. When I move up to Cold Harbour I can't see ANY pure water drops in the lakes at all!

Where is the L40 water?

Yes, I can level with L30 stuff, but it will take sooo much longer, and I really should be able to find L40 stuff SOMEWHERE!

Can anyone help?

(I started leveling Alchemy late, so any water bags I find are dropping Cloud Mist.)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There used to be the occassional water node in Cold Harbour, but the last time I went through they had disappeared (or at least I didn't see any).

But you can still get the water from barrels and wardrobes and cupboards in Coldharbour, both in the city and in various villages and ruins.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on October 28, 2014 10:40AM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a north western lake in Cyrodiil you can run around

edit: i believe its east of fort warden
    Edited by Jitterbug on October 28, 2014 10:43AM
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    From water bags/sacks at camps at certain locations.
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain. I too had a toon that came to alchemy late. However there are some places that are better than others for finding level 40 water.

The last zone in each of the alliance campaigns (Reaper's March, Bangkorai, The Rift) are all good places to look. Walk around lakes, follow rivers and, of course, have your passive to spot alchemy ingredients cranked to the max. And don't pass by those bags of alchemy water scattered around towns and campsites.

You can occasionally find level 40 water in the prior zones (Malabal Tor, A'likr Desert, Eastmarch) but it's much less common. You can also find some in Coldharbour it's about the same rarity as the final zones.

Do not even bother trying to find it in any Cadwell's zones. It shows up but it's very rare. That was my mistake.

Lastly, if grinding thru areas you've already completed isn't your thing try some of the guild stores. You'll pay for it but it could be what you need to do.
    Edited by ontheleftcoast on October 28, 2014 8:18PM
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the end a kind guildie sent me some. I only needed 10 of them or so to level. Of course now I don't have any skill points to unlock the next level... :scream:
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Black_Wolf88
    Black_Wolf88
    ✭✭✭
    water bags in coldharbour and looting crates and barrels.
    There is water nodes in lakes and rivers in cyrodiil, however, there is only a few pr lake and sometimes smaller and longer distance between each node in water around imperial city.
    "The key to immportality is first living a life worth remembering." -Bruce Lee
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Filtered Water? I am finding that, I just don't remember exactly where. It has been in the past few days, and I have been playing all 3 of my characters in an sporadic way. So lets see where I was with my various characters:

VR Instance Grahtwood/Greenshade
    VR Instance Eastmarch
    Alikir Desert (this is where I think I found the most of it)

So, try Zone 5 for your Alliance first.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I looked at my Water Supplies last night. I collect water I find in containers and bags along the way in the game in case I ever start up Alchemy again. I will sometimes hit a Pure Water node as I am going along, but ignore most of them. So, I am not a farmer of Water, just keep what I find as I am looking for other things. I have 50 to 60 of Natural, Clear, Pristine, Cleansed, and more than 150 of Cloud Mist and Purified Water. I have 14 Filtered Waters.

Filtered Water is quite rare.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was running a L15 around Riften and Windhelm weeks ago searching cabinets trying to get a L10/L15 recipe and I was picking up filtered and purified water as a cabinet drop. About 1 or 2 each run on average.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Well I looked at my Water Supplies last night. I collect water I find in containers and bags along the way in the game in case I ever start up Alchemy again. I will sometimes hit a Pure Water node as I am going along, but ignore most of them. So, I am not a farmer of Water, just keep what I find as I am looking for other things. I have 50 to 60 of Natural, Clear, Pristine, Cleansed, and more than 150 of Cloud Mist and Purified Water. I have 14 Filtered Waters.

Filtered Water is quite rare.
    Wow, you should try selling some of that water in a guild store and making a little gold...