The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[NA Thornblade] Chalman Keep Fight - Approximately 11pm-12pm CST 10/26

Agrippa_Invisus
Agrippa_Invisus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So, yeah.

Anyone else act as a participant in that garbage fest that we are supposed to call PVP?

EP held Chalman, as it's their home keep, and we are attacked by (guesstimated) three full large groups, maybe four, of DC. After the inner finally goes down, DC proceeds to put the majority of those large groups worth of players on the back flag.

Just as the DC forces hit the Apse flag, the EP reinforcements riding from Arrius like crazy reach the keep, come in the eastern postern, and enter the fray on the flag.

And then the game proceeds to break.

The DC are spamming healing springs like crazy. The flag doesn't even register they are there and only ever budges one little tick on the progress meter (and returns almost immediately to fully red). Oils that had already been placed on the flag and known to be working from test dumpings do not respond or fire off. A meatbag in the Nave of the keep won't fire off.

AE attacks do nothing. The only things that seem to register hits are Wall of Elements (from people just standing on it), Bat Swarm, and sometimes Impulse. I stay on the very edge in the flag room, spamming everything I can. Most times my resources don't even get consumed and just nothing happens.

So both forces stand there, spamming heals and AEs and ultimates. It keeps going on and on and on. No one is dying in my group, or any DC that I can see. More filter in from time to time. 1 minute stretches into 2, then 3, then 5, then 10.

The guards that had gotten plowed in the rush of the blue vanguard respawn.

The keep deflags and defenders spawn and transit in.

The walls are repaired to 100% inner and outer.

Still the AEs and heals are getting spammed.

Then the server hiccups for a second, and then blue suddenly start dying in waves of six. Oil pours start to work again. Then finally the flag is clear and the keep is clean.

It was not fun. There was no fighting or tactics. And you're taking oil in the flag room away to try to, in some way, mitigate this?

FIX YOUR GAME ZOS. DON'T TAKE OUR OILS UNTIL AE CAPS ARE KILLED.
Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
Once a General, now a Citizen
Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what was the tick? >.>
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    what was the tick? >.>

1.6K for that. Not worth it.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was playing DC and was disgusted. The walls repaired in seconds. It wasn't just healing springs it was impulse monkey spamming. Zenimax needs to ban people who spam like that or put a 10 s cool down on it. My whole group quit for the night. Nice quality game, zenimax.
    Edited by Columba on October 27, 2014 7:12AM
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was there. Before you got there Grippa, we had 10+ ppl trying to enter the keep from the front gate, not one of them could get in all you heard was the door sound over and over. Also, couldn't place any camp for a few mins - it would do the placing animation, then nothing. In the end the only way to get to the flags was to come in through the breaches.

But in the end, our faith in Dee Tick persevered and He kept the server hamster alive. Grace be upon His name.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sick of thornblade
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the EP reinforcements riding from Arrius like crazy reach the keep, come in the eastern postern, and enter the fray on the flag.

And then the game proceeds to break.

I was one of those riding like an idiot to help. I literally couldn't get commands in for 1 minute +. I somehow got off 5 ultimates when my commands finally went through. The entire game was a laggy joke.

At this point I fault only myself for paying for this joke.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌
    @ZOS_JoBurba‌

At what point can we as paying customers start to expect a stable environment in Cyrodiil? At this point you've had 6 months to fix the issues, and we have yet to have a solution. I feel, that as a paying customer, the least your company can do is have a game that responds to my commands.
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    Yeah, I was playing DC and was disgusted. The walls repaired in seconds. It wasn't just healing springs it was impulse monkey spamming. Zenimax needs to ban people who spam like that or put a 10 s cool down on it. My whole group quit for the night. Nice quality game, zenimax.

Saw EP doing this same thing a few days ago. Sad that a group of 12 can sit in the courtyard spamming healing springs/impulse and the AOE cap check is so bad the server cant handle it.
    Options
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭
    That was ridiculous. I'm just impressed my game didn't crash like it usually does.
    Options
  • HaljaNifheim
    HaljaNifheim
    ✭✭
    It was bizarre and sucks for all.

Attacks were not registering but people were doing the Oompa Loompa dance repairing the wall. I was standing at the inner wall trying to interrupt but nothing worked. Several were swinging at me but nothing was landing. After they repaired the wall, I ran up and down the stairs like a fool. I gave up and jumped from the top. The hoot was I took no fall damage either. The outer wall was not repaired and I just strolled out. Combat could be start to be done again almost at the gate toward Bleakers.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah im just not going to get back on PvP until ZOS does some major fixing.

Between block and spam, this.... crap that you just explained... and many other problems i do not need to waste time pointing out, PvP is nearing the edge of "failure"

Options