Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Numerous skill questions

Nihili
Nihili
✭✭✭
1) Does the Templar skill "Eclipse" work the same way as the DK skill "Reflective Scales"? Are these two pretty much the same thing across classes? [I have plans for a Templar of mine, and came across this skill. It looked like the same thing as reflective scales, but I don't think I've seen other Temps running around with it].

2) Is the Sword and Shield skill, "Puncture" the only taunt skill in game? [I.e. if I make a PvE tank, does that mean I can't NOT have sword and shield, due to the taunt?]

3) How does one level the Alliance war Support skill line?

4) Does a combination of "Sanguine Alter" (Undaunted) and "Ring of preservation" (Fighter's Guild) make you unkillable if you were to drop both? [I have a plan for another tank build and I thought dropping both of these would be really clever. But then again, no one else seems to be doing it so I thought I must be going wrong somewhere].

5) Does the combination of Medium armor's "Elude", Dual wield's "Sparks", and Nightblade's "Mirage" make you untouchable? [I.e. do these stack? If they do, why isn't anyone running around with builds on which people will have like a 60% miss chance?]

6) How does one level the Undaunted skill line? [I've done every solo and public dungeon from level 1 to 50 with my main, an my Undaunted skill line still sits at 1. Is that a glitch? Should I report it?]

Any answers will be really super duper appreciated. I'll give ya'll a +1 insightful (though I don't know how much of an incentive that is-- sooo I'm just gonna say I'll be really thankful).
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 - nope eclipse is a "debuff" on the templars enemy that is counted as cc and thus can be purged/"bashed-out"/cleansend. while reflective scales is a self buff that can not be negated in any form but sorcs negate magic, beside that scales effects much more abilitys than eclipse does.

2 - nope, innerfire froim the undaunted tree is a taunt too, that can ontop be morphed to be used at range.

3 - alliance ability lines are lvled by participating in pvp in cyrodiil (unlocking the ability is done by AvA ranks) while lvlng the skill itself is like allways via XP.

4 - they stack - the reason for not beeing used much are their high costs

6 - by doing 4 man group dungeons and trials.
    Edited by Tankqull on October 26, 2014 3:57PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. It is somewhat similar in function but much worse in every aspect. It doesn't work against strong mobs at all, can be broken out of in pvp and is generally weaker for being single target and restricted to spells. It's usually not worth a spot on your bar, whereas scales is absolutely awesome and one of the hallmarks of DKs imbaness.

4. No, health recovery is a very crappy stat in general. The number you see in the charscreen is what it will tick for every 2s, and it's softcapped at roughly the same value as your average heal over time.

5. No they don't. One is the chance for an opponent to miss, the other is your chance to dodge. Both "stack" in a way, in that they are rolled seperately, but they don't add up, and only the highest of both miss chance and dodge applies so elude and mirage together do nothing. The reason nobody is using them is that they don't work against spells or against strong mobs in pve.