The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which Class?

berscht.ur.bubblenub18_ESO
I'm trying to decide witch class to choose. I love being one of the main important roles of the group. I like tanking damage and have everyone attacking me. The only class I havn't tried is sorcerer I briefly touched on dragon knight. The DK seems pretty OP and overplayed. There's not many templars in the game but the skills aren't as cool. Night blades I feel like are to squishy all it seems like all there skills require you to be in stealth. I plan to use 1h and shield. Is the DK a good healer or not? I want to be center of attention and be really flashy and be able to tank everything. Any suggestions?

I'm always going to be playing a wood elf also.
Edited by berscht.ur.bubblenub18_ESO on October 26, 2014 3:55AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Technically any class can do any role (any plenty of people do difficult class/role combos).

All classes can be good healers, especially as restoration staff is open to all. The best classes are supposedly Templar and Nightblade, but Nightblade is the hardest to play.

DK can do it, but you need to decide if you want to heal or to tank, these are opposing roles, Tank absorbs damage/Healer avoids it and heals the others. You can do both, but not simultaneously.

Races can make a difference, but I haven't played wood elf, so can't say if it has good/bad racials.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Dunmer Nightblade I play with 1 hand and shield and its a lot of fun. Stealth isn't my thing but nightblade makes a great DPS tank, all it really lacks is the crowd control of the dragon knight. When needed my nighblade flips to restoration staff to heal others, my armor and skills I use I give me a lot of self healing. In heavy armor I'm probably not the best healer but I know I've saved people from dying at dark anchors on several occasions. With sword and shield I can pretty much dominate PVE mobs easily and generally come out in good health even with several or a tough monster.

I also play a Bosmer dragon knight tank, an Imperial fire mage/healer and have a Bosmer dual wield/archer Templar, of all of the classes template class skills feel the weakest to me.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • berscht.ur.bubblenub18_ESO
    I want the class that has the highest survivability rate. The one that has a high damage output while still helping your team. The one that has the best self heal. The coolest skills. And the one that will have an easier time in VR.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight then. 1H/S Heavy Armor, Resto Staff once you reach L15. Although a Destro Staff will be better for clearing out the multiple mobs. And, if your killing them quick, you don't need to heal.

Although I never worried about healing until I reached the VR Ranks and even now it's not a concern. In fact, it was not until the VR Ranks that I even bothered to learn a second weapon. All my weapon skills other than 1H/S were less than L10 when I got to VR1.

Edited by Nestor on October 27, 2014 10:58PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the class that has the highest survivability rate. The one that has a high damage output while still helping your team. The one that has the best self heal. The coolest skills. And the one that will have an easier time in VR.

DK, will be an awesome tank , will have an awesome self heal , will be able to support the team in some ways (while here each class does have something to offer)...

I wouldnt say bosmer is the best choice of a race you could have for a DK , but if you want one , then go for it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    DK is a great choice based on what you wrote. For race, Nord gets a 6% damage reduction passive which would be nice, but dunmer extra fire damage is great, as is imperial heal passive and red guard stamina return.

My main is a Breton Templar and I like their passives too. More magicka and magicka cost reduction plus more spell resistance.