Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Proposed Hirelings mechanic change.

DenverRalphy
DenverRalphy
✭✭✭✭✭
Based on another thread, I thought of a new hirelings mechanism.

In addition to what we already have with hirelings... Crafters should be able to pay gold to specify exactly which mats they want (in conjunction also increases the time to receive said mats), and/or grease the gears for random mats to show up faster.

Thoughts?

This would give players an opportunity to get exactly what they want, but have to pay gold and additional time to get it. Or contribute to a gold sink to speed up the random acquisition process.
Edited by DenverRalphy on October 26, 2014 12:36AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That could work, provided they could actually get it to work.

By which I mean we as the players could actually get behind that change.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In addition to what we already have with hirelings... Crafters should be able to pay gold to specify exactly which mats they want (in conjunction also increases the time to receive said mats), and/or grease the gears for random mats to show up faster.

Thoughts?

This would give players an opportunity to get exactly what they want, but have to pay gold and additional time to get it. Or contribute to a gold sink to speed up the random acquisition process.

Let me call upon my divine powers to guess which materials you want.
    I see .. I see lots of yellow colors, dreugh wax, kuta, alloy, rosin, yes, and also tomatoes and oats.

Please tell me who would want anything other than legendary materials? What would be the point?

TL;DR: I disagree with OP, this is not a good idea imo.
    Wololo.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »

Thoughts?

I see .. I see lots of yellow colors, dreugh wax, kuta, alloy, rosin, yes, and also tomatoes and oats.

Please tell me who would want anything other than legendary materials? What would be the point?

Of course that's the point. To receive those treasured mats.

But it's not like it'd be much of a farming mechanic if it cost a significant amount of gold and/or increasing the time for the hireling to return. If it cost a couple thousand gold and bumped the wait time to 36 hours, that would be a decent tradeoff.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think Hirelings already deliver enough materials. The drop rate is around 12.2% Alloy/Rosin and 22.7% Wax on each delivery with 3/3 hirelings.
    Proof:
    ev2UhZD.png
    Wololo.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thoughts?

I se no major problems, at the moment you can buy them off guild traders anyhow. And if you are crafting your own gear, you still want dwarven oil, and grain solvent and the like, otherwise the Tempering alloy is useless.

I'm not sure it could be done without breaking something, but if it could, and the price wasn't too cheap, then there would be little or no problem.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd tell mine to hang back on the hops (all hops) until I give the high sign :smile:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭

I think Hirelings already deliver enough materials. The drop rate is around 12.2% Alloy/Rosin and 22.7% Wax on each delivery with 3/3 hirelings.
    Proof:
    ev2UhZD.png

You seem to be playing Eso in creative mode LOL
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.