The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Q: Deconstructing high lvl blacksmith items with low alt with low BS skill

midore
midore
I have experienced something weird when deconstructing BS items with low level alts.

Char A: character lvl 11
BS level: 4
Deconstructing 40+ lvl BS items: gain 1208 inspiration

Char B: character lvl 11
BS level: 30
Deconstructing 40+ lvl BS items: gain 2600+ inspiration (which is normal)

Has this happen to anyone? I also have notice that it only occurs on Blacksmith but not clothier or woodworks.
  • drallar
    drallar
    ✭✭✭
    Are the items you are deconstructing the exact same level and colour with the same traits? One of the traits gives bonus inspiration when deconstructed.
  • midore
    midore
    I'm deconstructing whites and greens, ranging from lvl 44 - 50 items. 2000+ inspiration gain from each of them is normal, unless they have intricate trait which gives even more inspiration.

The weird thing that I think this has happened before when I levelling Char A's woodwork.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that greens give more inspiration than whites. This could explain the 2 different numbers for your characters.
    Edited by Gyudan on October 26, 2014 3:57PM
    Wololo.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to note, if your decontructing the White 0 Value items you find in containers, you don't get much inspiration at all from those. 1200 points sounds about right.

Really not worth even looting and carrying those things to a crafting station as you also get no materials back from them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ra1ne
    Ra1ne
    ✭✭
    The type of item makes a difference I believe, on crafted items cost/xp gain I've found daggers to be most beneficial on same level items
    Edited by Ra1ne on October 30, 2014 11:24AM
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    One thing to note, if your decontructing the White 0 Value items you find in containers, you don't get much inspiration at all from those. 1200 points sounds about right.

Really not worth even looting and carrying those things to a crafting station as you also get no materials back from them.

Well, you receive 1 mat from time to time and it adds in the long run. Also of course the trait stones that I use much because I craft a lot. Also, not looting means not see if it's a white or a green. In Stornhelm craft station I almost always receive a green each visit because there are many pieces.

• midore
    midore
    Maybe I wasn't clear in my explanation. The thing is that I created 2 level 46 white daggers with no traits to test this, as in whether do low level character with low skill get penalty in inspiration when deconstructing.

Normally the dagger gives 2040 inspiration to my level 40 chap A with level 40++ blacksmith skill.

Test on Chap B, level 11 character with level 33 blacksmith skill, it gives 2040 inspiration.

Test on Chap C, level 11 character with level 3 blacksmith skill, its give 1030 inspiration.

It is not a loot item, it is a player created item. There is a penalty to physical mats receive, that I knew, but do the same apply to inspiration?

Have anyone encounter this when you are deconstruction with your alt characters?

I guess if I am the only one who experience this, it might be a bug.

However if everyone's alt character who is new in blacksmith skill and get less inspiration when deconstruction high level items, then it is just normal, which I dun recall getting the same experience when deconstructing cloth/leather or woodwork equipments.

• alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    It must be a bug as far as I know. I often give high-level whites from my high-level alt to the lower level ones just to help them level their skill and I never experienced that 1/2 XP. It's always the full XP. The inspiration doesn't seem to be affected by character level or character skill level, only the mats retrieved are affected. Maybe I missed an exception somewhere but I don't think so.

Did you try to duplicate it regularly?
  • elowan
    elowan
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember seeing this happen before, so I thought I'd check to see if I could duplicate the bug, and I definitely did. Here's how I set it up:

My main Clothier (who is at R50 Clothing) created 3x VR14 Shadowspun Robe, plain, with no traits. I then deconstructed one each on the following alts:

Character 1 - VR1 - Clothing 40
    Yield: 37669 -> 43615 = 5946 inspiration from the decon

Character 2 - L18 - Clothing 3
    Yield: 0 -> 1472 = 1472 inspiration from the decon

Character 3 - VR1 - Clothing 12
    Yield: 23313 -> 27729 = 4416 inspiration fro the decon

The lowest-level clothier received less than 25% of the inspiration received by the L40 clothier. The slightly higher clothier received ~75% of the inspiration received by the L40 clothier.

I haven't seen anything in writing indicating that inspiration would be reduced when attempted by an underleveled character. We know it's supposed to affect material retrieval chance, but inspiration?

At this point, I'd love to see a dev comment on this - is this intended, but poorly documented behavior, or is it a bug?
  • midore
    midore
    I have send a email to CS to get it checked, so far they are sending it to higher up to let me know. Will post their reply once I have it.

Also I have been asking my guild mates, so far an enchanter said it is also happening to deconstructing enchantment glyphs.