The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Adventure Zone and Dragonstar questions

Abate
Abate
Soul Shriven
I am almost about to hit V1 with a few friends at the same time.

We want/cant wait to hit Craglorn/Dragonstar Arena. Ive read online that you cant really do any of Craglorn untill V10?

So my question is do you have to hit V10 before you can start doing end game PvE? im not to fussed about the trails, since im in a group of 4 friends we just want to do all the normal group content, i dont purely want to farm the other faction zones up to V10 if avoidable.

Thanks in advanced
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn is designed for VR10+, but many people still go there at VR1 and have a good time of it. As long as you and your friends' builds are good, then give it a go at VR1, and let us know how it goes :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At vet 12 I was able to solo a lot of Lower Crag, and most things that I did with friends(3 people total) were disappointingly easy at that level, so you should totally give it a go at vet 1:) If you have a full team and you all know what you're doing, you'll definitely be able to do most of Lower Crag, at least. I wouldn't recommend Shada's Tear in Lower Crag and pretty much all Upper Crag til higher lvl, and I think there was a certain fight in main storyline that we struggled through, but that aside, you should be fine. Plus, Crag gives amazing amounts of exp so you'll probably level fast enough just by running the easy delves and all.
  • Abate
    Abate
    Soul Shriven
    great thanks for the replies guys cant wait to get stuck in :)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No prob=)

Oh, btw, on DSA - with THAT I would recommend waiting til vet 10 or something at least. Vet DSA is only available at vet 14, I'm not sure if nonvet has any limits but we struggled on our first go at vet 12. We made it, but it took a while and was quite painful at times.
    Edited by Magdalina on October 20, 2014 3:53PM
  • Abate
    Abate
    Soul Shriven
    ah okay cheers! thanks for fast responses also.

while i have you here and you seem full of ESO knowledge my last question to you would be.. How would you recommend going through the VET ranks? going the other zones? farming group dungeons? pvp? a mix of everything?

i imagine the better gear drops from group dungeons rather than the pve questing? and i think theres gear you can get form Alliance Points?

thanks again :)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That depends on what *you* actually want to do;) If you want to get to higher vet ASAP, you can just grind in Craglorn. While I'm not a fan, I hear you can get up to 5 mil exp an hour that way.

PvP isn't best source of experience ever, but that's not what it's there for. If you haven't tried it yet, you probably should though, maybe you'll like it and want to spend the rest of your ESO life purely there, who knows:)

I personally leveled up purely through questing through other factions' zones, which is more or less as intended. I did every single quest I could find and thoroughly enjoyed most of them. But I'll admit that many quests got a bit too much even for me by vet 10. I still finished them all, but it was beginning to get juts a bit repetitive, so I can see where people come from when they say they don't want 100500 more quests. Plus that's a rather slow way to level - things that give most exp in vet zones are World Bosses and dolmens, not quests.

Vet dungeons are great fun with a good group, but they will be more than a little challenging if you try them at vet 1 without anyone in your group knowing the strategies. Not saying impossible, but be warned, might be more fun than you bargained for;) They give a pretty nice chunk of exp, especially the first run through, dunno about grinding them to level up, but you should certainly try them.

Far as gear goes...argueably, the best gear in the game is actually crafted one. A lot of great sets to choose from and no need to grind 100500 dungeons for that, too. Non-crafted gear...Trials drops some interesting sets, but it's probably a while til you get there, Trials are vet 10+ mostly. Dungeons have a few interesting sets, too, but most interesting stuff has superlow droprate. You can run them hundreds of times and still not get it. Not really worth it imo - while some sets are pretty cool, they just take too long to get. You can google it or something if you're interested, I'm sure you'll fin a full list of sets somewhere. Off the top of my head, 3 armor sets, Ebon for heavy, Worm Cult for light and Saviour for med, 5 pc bonus for each of them buffs corresponding stat(Health, Magicka, Stamina) for whole group(up to 24 people I think). Plus they just look cool, 5 pc get shiny orbs as a bonus<3

You can get PvP gear from "Rewards for the worthy" mails you get as reward for PvPing or buy it at vendor for AP. Take a look at the sets, while most of them are PvP-focused, some are pretty cool. Like...I think the set is called Wrath of Emporium or something, rings and desto staff that give +10% spellcrit as 3 pcs bonus.

Phew...sorry for wall of text, hope this helps xD

Edited by Magdalina on October 21, 2014 10:17PM
  • Abate
    Abate
    Soul Shriven
    haha no no thank you for the wall of text helped massively :) i just hit Coldharbour and now with your knowledge i can get into plans straight away when i hit V1, i was confused before but now all is clear! :)

thanks so much for your help!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    No prob=)

Oh, btw, on DSA - with THAT I would recommend waiting til vet 10 or something at least. Vet DSA is only available at vet 14, I'm not sure if nonvet has any limits but we struggled on our first go at vet 12. We made it, but it took a while and was quite painful at times.

Good advice, @Magdalina‌ , and no, it has no limits.

It will happily kick the crap out of you well below VR12...or so I've (ahem)... heard.

;)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS