The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Heavy Attack

Sherrieg
Sherrieg
✭✭
I have recently used an add on which tells me about my attacks. I use duel weapons - one handed swords - and it always says I am making a light attack. My question - what does it take to make a heavy attack and which is best? My attacks are light but fast; I have read that heavy attacks are slow.

Best Answers

• æxæ
    æxæ
    ✭✭✭
    Hold left mouse button = heavy attack.

Edit: And yea, heavy is slow.
    Edited by æxæ on October 17, 2014 2:11PM
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherrieg wrote: »
    I have read that heavy attacks are slow.

Heavy Attacks are slower yes, but not as slow as you think based on the animations. You can usually cancel the animation by using another skill right after. The trick is to figure out how long you need to hold down the Left Click before using the other skill to fire off the Heavy Attack followed by the skill attack.

Now, I stopped using 2H weapons a while ago, but for example, my Staff I can do a 1-2 count and that is enough to charge the heavy attack while the animation is more like a 4-5 count. So, perhaps you don't even need to fire off the second skill but just release the left mouse button sooner.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭

thank you
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most weapon and armor skill lines also have passives for making heavy attacks charge faster, too, so as you level keep a lookout for them.