The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A simple/stupid question about Nirnhoned research

nerevarine1138
nerevarine1138
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I was away for a bit, and I've been greatly enjoying my time back. But I'd like to get my research back up to the front of the pack, and I'm having trouble getting nirnhoned items. More importantly, I can't seem to find a single source online where they just explain, in plain terms, how to obtain them without buying from other players.

So which quests in Upper Craglorn can reward me with a nirnhoned item?
----
Murray?
  • Sapphy24
    Sapphy24
    ✭✭✭
    I search the stores every day for just one piece to learn the trait but no luck, they just don't seem to exist.
    My impression is that the whole thing about Nirnhoned is an effort to MAKE people do what ever it is that you HAVE to do to get a piece of armour.
    I live in hope that one day in the distant future I will be able to buy a piece of armour with the said trait, but i'm not holding my breath.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complete the main quest in Upper Craglorn and it will reward you a random item with nirn on it.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    Complete the main quest in Upper Craglorn and it will reward you a random item with nirn on it.

Ok, thank you. Now, here's my confusion, because I saw that written elsewhere:

I've done the two preliminary parts, and I'm now on the real main quest. From what I've seen, neither "Serpent's Fang" nor "Slithering Brood" can be repeated. Is that not the case with the last quest in the chain? Will Titus Valerius just continue to offer that quest on a daily basis?
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on October 16, 2014 3:37AM
    ----
    Murray?
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you are on Dawn of the Serpent Viper (or some title like that), that is essential the last part of the quest chain that will take you to Belkarth and back to UP then to Belkarth etc.. This is not repeatable
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you are on Dawn of the Serpent Viper (or some title like that), that is essential the last part of the quest chain that will take you to Belkarth and back to UP then to Belkarth etc.. This is not repeatable

Ok, so just to make sure I understand: you just keep going through the main quest line from start to finish at that point?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, once you finish the main quest line, you will get a random nirnhorn item.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks!
    ----
    Murray?
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, once you finish the main quest line, you will get a random nirnhorn item.
    This is the 3rd quest in the main Upper Craglorn line. You need to have completed Lower Craglorn's main quest to access it.
    Sapphy24 wrote: »
    I search the stores every day for just one piece to learn the trait but no luck, they just don't seem to exist.
    My impression is that the whole thing about Nirnhoned is an effort to MAKE people do what ever it is that you HAVE to do to get a piece of armour.
    I live in hope that one day in the distant future I will be able to buy a piece of armour with the said trait, but i'm not holding my breath.
    In EU, I know several people with all the nirnhoned items unlocked, selling them for a few thousands each as long as you provide the trait stone. I've got a dozen myself.
    Wololo.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For some reason EU is way ahead of NA. Still about 20k for each piece of research nirn gear.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have to resurrect this thread, because after completing "The Time-Lost Warrior", I've now found that the quest line does not reset. So it looks like trading is the only way to acquire nirnhoned gear after that.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do have to resurrect this thread, because after completing "The Time-Lost Warrior", I've now found that the quest line does not reset. So it looks like trading is the only way to acquire nirnhoned gear after that.
    You can complete it once and get one nirnhoned item.
    Then it's up to you to trade with other players to gather the 33 remaining items.
    Many players have done it already, it's not that hard ... definitely easier than catching all the blue fish.

In [EU] the average price is 5K + nirnhoned stone for any item.
    Edited by Gyudan on October 25, 2014 11:38PM
    Wololo.