Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil general question

Silver-Sabre
Silver-Sabre
✭✭✭
I'm a VR5 PVe 'r .. I thought Cyrodiil was strictly PVP .. As I came to a plateau in progress I read that there are pve daily quest and pve content at Cyrodiil so I ventured there.. My question is .. If your on your way to icons at Cyrodiil are u always susceptible to being attacked by a VR12? I rode my horse to a pretty far point thinking I was going to a pve quest and got " car jacked " by a VR12 bully:) .. Do u always have to look over your shoulder at Cyrodiil ? Or are there some pve safe zones ? I exited after I got a quick beat down a couple times .. Any info is good .. Thanks
Edited by Silver-Sabre on October 14, 2014 3:19AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is PVE content, but it is a PVP zone, so you are always vulnerable.

Some campaigns might be fairly empty, making getting around easier, but you will still be vulnerable to getting ganked.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Find a "buff" campaign your alliance owns, it should be pretty empty most of the time. Practice sneaking everywhere, all the time. it's slower, but you'll live longer. Remember, you're worth AP's to a member of an enemy faction so you're a target.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have joined a campaign that your alliance has won* or is winning, then Cyrodill is pretty PvP free. However, you can be attacked at any time by the other two factions.

*I don't know if you can join a campaign that is completed yet. But, once it is won, then Cyrodill stays "safe" each time you come back, until you join another campaign.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• adean27
    adean27
    ✭✭✭
    So as everyone kind of answered your question. Yes you have to always be looking over your shoulder. Currently, Cyrodiil is not a viable leveling option, but it can be a change of pace from the VR grind. Even if your faction owns majority of Cyrodiil, you are still PVP flagged and people from other factions will still be there to kill you.

So be wary and stay safe, also only you can prevent forest fires.
    Shindig
    Director
    United Gaming Initiative
    www.unitedgaminginitiative.com