Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bugged quest?

Arizona_Willie
Arizona_Willie
✭✭✭
In the quest -- The Waking Dreamer-- we have to find Graccus who is in the dungeon ( of course ).

I keep running into 5 NPC'S lvl 40 and even though I kill a couple of them, I die and when I'm immediately resurrected, even though there are bodies on the floor from the one's I killed previously === THERE ARE 5 MORE NPC'S and I die again.

My toon is lvl 43 now and still can't defeat these.

I have often ran into more NPC opponents than I could defeat and died but when i resurrected, if I got back soon enough, the ones I killed were still laying there for me to loot and if there were 4 to start with and I killed 2, there would be only 2 left and I would be able to get through.

But this quest, no matter how many I kill I still face 5 more when I die and get resurrected.

I realize I'm not the best at playing this game, but having your enemies come back to life over and over and over is not fair and balanced game play.

There is no way to defeat this as a Solo player. I doubt anyone playing Solo can defeat all 5 without dying and if you die you have to face all 5 again.

Please fix this YESTERDAY.

It is one thing to have too many opponents to take out in one swoop, but if I'm facing 5 and I kill 2 or 3 and die and resurrect, as long as I'm back within a certain time, I should not have to face the same number again ( with the previously killed NPCS laying on the floor awaiting looting ). The number of opponents should be reduced by the number I killed unless I am too slow returning and they have respawned.

But, in this quest, the respawn time is ZERO seconds. ZERO. They respawn immediately.
If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    Finally managed to get by this by joining a group.
    But it is SUPPOSED to be soloable but it sure as heck is NOT.
    It is impossible to solo at less than VR level and it is supposed to be done in your late 30 levels. I'm not sure even a VR could handle it solo.
    If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, a VR can't handle it solo...

In six months, they still haven't balanced this.

I even went back after I leveled a VR level and still couldn't come close. I used a [snip] of soulgems to resurrect and then run past the mobs to get to Graccus, only to find that -- at least for a Templar -- he's impossible to kill.

My VR DK tank might be able to handle Graccus since he can handle triple-diamond world bosses without even breaking a sweat; my VR glass cannon sorceress might be able to handle Graccus since she can nuke anything as long as she's not hit with a crit; but my Templar?

Sorry to necro a thread. Doing this damn public dungeon TWELVE [snip] TIMES UNSUCCESSFULLY on my VR Templar just totally pissed me off...

I got to this thread by searching for a solution to Graccus... and this was the only thread I found.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing & Slanderous Comments and Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_BradL on May 5, 2015 10:41PM