Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet Fungal Grotto - Speed Achievement

Valymer
Valymer
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone gotten this recently?

Killed the last boss in about 17 minutes just now and didn't complete for us. Is there some other requirement to get this?
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory question: last boss as in you ran all the way back to the starting area and killed the boss there, or did you just do the one at the very top of the map?
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last boss as in the one that the obsidian husk bubble protects you from.

We ran it a first time to get the achievement for killing her without using the husk to cure her AoE, then after that we zoned out, disbanded the group, reformed and zoned back in to do the speed achievement. Perhaps it bugged and didn't reset fully for whatever reason, I guess we will do it again and see what happens.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checking you did not bypass any bosses? For the timed achievement all bosses need to be down.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Just checking you did not bypass any bosses? For the timed achievement all bosses need to be down.

I thought this might have something to do with it, but we did the Banished Cells speed achievement a few days ago and it completed even though we skipped some mini-bosses. So if what you are saying is true, then it is on a per-dungeon basis and they don't all follow the same rules. Not surprising, unfortunately.

And actually looking online I don't think we skipped anything in FG. Nothing can even be skipped there, can it?

One thing I was wondering is if you wipe does it somehow negate the achievement. We wiped once due to some strange bug where Spawn of Mephala one-shots everyone with her AoE right off the bat, but we rezzed instantly then killed her and still completed in well under 20 minutes, so I'm not sure what's going on here.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Done it 2 weeks ago.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done it 2 weeks ago.

OK thanks, I guess it was just bugged for some reason the time we did it. When we get a chance to do it again we will see what happens.
  • Vahn
    Vahn
    There's there caster boss with 3 big spiders around her that can be skipped fairly easily. Did you happen to miss that one?

I've also gotten that achievement in the last couple weeks.
    Edited by Vahn on October 13, 2014 4:24AM
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahn wrote: »
    There's there caster boss with 3 big spiders around her that can be skipped fairly easily. Did you happen to miss that one?

I've also gotten that achievement in the last couple weeks.

Ah yes I forgot that can be skipped. Trying to remember if we did that or not...

Well assuming we did skip it, I am confused about how Zenimax is setting the rules. Because I know 100% that we skipped the very first mini-boss in Banished Cells and did get the speed achievement on that one, so it seems that not all dungeons are operating under the same conditions as far as the achievements go?

Interesting, thanks for the info.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to kill all bosses for speed achievement unless it's been changed recently. Besides, achieve's tooltip clearly states "kill <big boss> within 20(30) mins of entering <this dungeon>", not "kill boss <1>, <2>, < 3>..." etc.

I'm not sure, but if you went in there again right after doing it already, maybe it's possible the timer didn't reset? Like I know sometimes if you leave dungeon and then come right back it'll still be on the stage you left it on - bosses down, etc. Doesn't seem to be the case for you, but perhaps while it reset monsters, it still didn't reset timer? Waiting a few minutes between the runs might've fixed that.
    Edited by Magdalina on October 13, 2014 1:20PM
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    You don't have to kill all bosses for speed achievement unless it's been changed recently. Besides, achieve's tooltip clearly states "kill <big boss> within 20(30) mins of entering <this dungeon>", not "kill boss <1>, <2>, < 3>..." etc.

I'm not sure, but if you went in there again right after doing it already, maybe it's possible the timer didn't reset? Like I know sometimes if you leave dungeon and then come right back it'll still be on the stage you left it on - bosses down, etc. Doesn't seem to be the case for you, but perhaps while it reset monsters, it still didn't reset timer? Waiting a few minutes between the runs might've fixed that.

Yeah, that was my first thought actually. It probably would have been smarter to try to get a different speed achievement just in case, but we figured disbanding and regrouping would reset everything (since as you pointed out it does reset the mobs and stuff). We will keep that in mind for future runs, although it's hard to believe that it is working as intended. Actually, grouping and instanced dungeons just seem buggy in general to me, so it makes sense to err on the side of caution.

Well, live and learn I suppose :smile:
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it defnitely sounds like a bug or an...unwanted side effect which is essentially the same thing. ESO has a lot of those so probably better to stay safe XD

Shame you didn't get that speedrun achievement, but best of luck with it, I'm sure you'll get it next time=)
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't get the speed achievement when we completed it under 20 min without killing all bosses, the tooltip also states that all bosses need to be killed. A tip to save some time, when you have destroyed the Husk (before last boss) you can teleport to player to go back to the beginning of the dungeon quickly. Also after the 2nd boss (who binds random player to the ground) you can sneak past a big group of mobs on the right side.

Edit: finally got the achievement!
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on January 16, 2015 12:38AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer