The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can I run Ultra with this setup?

Kulizma
Kulizma
✭✭✭
Sorry if this is the wrong section to post in but here are the specs of the laptop i wanna buy.

-4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ processor (Features a 6MB cache and 2.4GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz.)
-12GB DDR3L memory
-1TB hard drive (5400 rpm)
-NVIDIA GTX 860M graphics
-Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit operating system preinstalled

Please leave comments/feedback/suggestions :smiley:
CP1000 - Magicka DK
Red Lotus
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Ultra is very subjective. Almost any system can handle ultra if you dont mind it having a very low frame rate.

30 fps is playable just about everywhere that is not PVP or a Trail.

One more key piece of information, how much memory does the Nvidia GTX 860m have? Is it dedicated memory or shared?

What resolution will you be playing at? The native resolution of your laptops screen is ideal, or will you be using an external monitor?

I dont know how techie you are. If you need help looking up the info let me know.

**EB**
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • Kulizma
    Kulizma
    ✭✭✭
    Elf_Boy wrote: »
    Ultra is very subjective. Almost any system can handle ultra if you dont mind it having a very low frame rate.

30 fps is playable just about everywhere that is not PVP or a Trail.

One more key piece of information, how much memory does the Nvidia GTX 860m have? Is it dedicated memory or shared?

What resolution will you be playing at? The native resolution of your laptops screen is ideal, or will you be using an external monitor?

I dont know how techie you are. If you need help looking up the info let me know.

**EB**

Thank you for your comment :)

It says its 2GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory and the screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. Im also looking to get about 40 fps non pvp. Would that be possible? Here is the link to the laptop http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/features.jsp?skuId=5419215&type=moreInfo&product=hardGoodPrd:1219128145312&id=1219128145312
    CP1000 - Magicka DK
    Red Lotus
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    It all depends on your settings.

Do you want to turn off AA, AF or have them on for a better sharper image.

How far you want to see etc.

This game engine is know for being very good at drawing each and every person near you. That is hard on the FPS.

You should be fine for PVE.

You can see my specs below. I get 30 - 40 just about everywhere at 3 x the resolution.

The linked specs are fine. The hard drive is slow -- however other then load screens and getting the game started not a big deal. With the available ram you have win will do a whole lot of dish caching.

For me the 2 gb vram is a little low -- for most people it is just fine.

Nice system over all.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **