The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Solo Dungeons possible future

DarthFett
DarthFett
✭✭✭
I was wondering if there was ever anything said (or if any of the Devs or CS people can say) about the solo dungeons in the game ever getting instanced?

I love the solo dungeons and appreciate that they are in the game but it's frustrating when going into one and getting halfway through and a group of 2-5 people come in and wipe the whole thing out while i'm in it.

Just curious and looking for anyone else's insight.
This one swears-by his life and his love of it-that this one will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for him.

Satoris Lightmane - Khajiit NB
  • DarthFett
    DarthFett
    ✭✭✭
    No insight?
    How about guesses or conspiracies then?
    This one swears-by his life and his love of it-that this one will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for him.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DarthFett, an option to solo, or at least instanced group would be nice.

Sometimes the drive-by help is appreciated, other times, makes it too much of a steamroll.

Nice to know not everyone wants it handed to them. Something to be said about earning the finish!
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DarthFett wrote: »
    No insight?

I have a conspiracy theory! Maybe these dungeons are actually known as "public" dungeons instead of "solo" dungeons :open_mouth:

Seriously though, the only thing made for solo players only at the moment are the Main Story & Guild quest lines.

Rest of the game (apart from Craglorn & group dungeons) are all doable solo (excluding some of the world bosses). More soloable content should come with Wrothgar, and more solo only when they release more guild quests (such as Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood), or continue the main quest line (note: this is speculation).
  • DarthFett
    DarthFett
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    DarthFett wrote: »
    No insight?

I have a conspiracy theory! Maybe these dungeons are actually known as "public" dungeons instead of "solo" dungeons :open_mouth:

Seriously though, the only thing made for solo players only at the moment are the Main Story & Guild quest lines.

I actually don't want anything made only for solo players. Solo players aren't the only ones playing or paying for this game. I have no problem with all dungeons being available for groups.
    My issue is that if I would like to solo a dungeon, or even group with a friend for one, I can do so without having another group of people coming in and wiping it out while we read a note on the ground or loot a chest.
    It's rather aggravating to be almost to the boss of a dungeon and have a group of 3-4 people run past you while you are killing mobs and they take out the boss.

If common courtesy was actually common, this probably wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately, just like in real life, things labeled common (see common sense) aren't always common. And since I do actually pay for this game, I just think having an option would be nice. That way it doesn't interfere with anyone else's playing.