The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Export of known Recipes?

Mynex
Mynex
✭✭
Is there such an addon?

If not, is there any reason that it cannot be done (or just no one has thought to do so yet?)?

If there isn't one, and there isn't any reason that it can't be done, can someone please make this?

I have recipe book, and that's great, but I want something I can export to plain text... I like to make checklists in excel of things... in this case, what I have vs what I need (to have em all)...
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    There's only two ways to get data out of an add-on and into the rest of your computer. One is by copying to the system clipboard; but this has a character limit. The other is via the saved variables file for the add-on, which usually means parsing out the extra stuff to get to the data you want.

So, it's technically possible to get the data you want out of the game, but not in any format that you could immediately paste into excel. You'd have to fiddle with it a bit first.

But, the data on what recipes you know is already contained in the SavedVariables file for Recipe Book.
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • Mynex
    Mynex
    ✭✭
    Ah, thanks! I didn't even think to look in the lua file for RB...

Not worried about fiddling with the files/formatting... so I should be good to go. :)