The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I have a question about block amount done.

neiljwd
neiljwd
✭✭✭
I want to work on the blocking dungeon achieve. Will I block more with less armour value, or does it not make a difference?

For Example (made up numbers) I'm getting hit for 50 damage.
I have 1000 armour Mitigates it to 40 damage. Block for 10 so receive 30 damgage. [+10 to block achieve]

Smae scenario but 2000 armour, hit for 50 damage.
I have 2000 armour Mitigates it to 30 damage. Block for 10 so receive 20 damgage. [+10 to block achieve]

Is that how it works? I'd get the same block bonus regardless of armour?
Or would I block for less because my armour mitigation means I'm receiveing less incoming damage?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block passives should have more of an effect on Blocking than your armor would. Other than the Shield adding to your over all armor rating.

Block should reduce damage received before the Armor effect takes place. That just makes sense if you think about it. You block what you block, then your armor mitigates what is left. However, the game may see it differently.

You may need to use an Addon like Foundry Tactical Combat to see the flying numbers to suss out exactly what is happening and when. I just got the 1,000,000 point damage achievement a couple of weeks ago, but I never looked to see what the Block amount is.

Edited by Nestor on September 30, 2014 3:41PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Block should reduce damage received before the Armor effect takes place. That just makes sense if you think about it.

Totally. But we've had spells working from weapon crit and all sorts of madness, just looking for some clarification/confirmation.
    Edited by neiljwd on September 30, 2014 5:30PM