The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

note to AD group leaders

Theoldguy
Theoldguy
✭✭
Let me just start by saying I am not a group leader .mostly solo but do group in Cyrodiil .
This may be a surprise but people sometimes don't read group chat !
I realy struggle to read the orange & the red writing I do try but often miss stuff.
what I and many others do do is follow the crown.
SO there is no point in yelling at people and calling them stupid & puggs for sieging the wrong wall if you are standing there with them.
they are following that pointy thing on your head!

Rant over

ps I do have TS and use it when in guild group.

pps My guild leaders are Awesome.

Elfina vr14 Sorc
Littlenastyelf vr14 Templar
Purrs Loudly vr 8 Nightblade
Runs Away Screaming L 38 Dragonknight
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ppps, sounds like you should find a different for when you group

rip decibel
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ignore people like that. let them act like immature idiots. they can charge the hole in the wall and get slaughtered all they want:)
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theoldguy wrote: »
    This may be a surprise but people sometimes don't read group chat !

This is why I would never lead a pug in Cyrodiil.

People aren't reading group chat, they don't use TS. Still (when they can be bothered to read that is), they expect the leader to be polite, consistently type out instructions, information and answer their questions.

Typing, inviting, asking for crown back after crash, while being nuked with Lethal Arrow and siege is very stressful. People leading public groups in Cyrodiil deserves a reward really. They make PvP fun and meaningful for loads of people. Are they even able to enjoy PvP themselves I wonder?

But of course, you shouldn't be yelled at and called stupid, because you made some other trivial mistake. I mean who the hell haven't sieged the wrong wall at least a dozen times lol?
  • Theoldguy
    Theoldguy
    ✭✭
    I dont expect leaders to stop and type all the time that would get you killed.
    all I am trying to say is be aware of the crown on your head & that people are following it so dont yell at them for being where you are.

I do appreciate the work that the good leaders do & they dont get enough thanks for it.

by the way this was in non vet where i am running an alt {you can yell at me all day i couldnt give a rats } but there are a lot of new players there that dont need to be discouraged.
    Edited by Theoldguy on September 30, 2014 4:29AM
    Elfina vr14 Sorc
  • Glantris
    Glantris
    ✭✭✭
    why would you even join a group with a leader if you can't take less than ten seconds every now and again to read the instructions your leader probably took more time typing out than it would take to read? being in a group with a bunch of random people you aren't communicating with, with not even a vaguely similar objective sounds completely pointless to me.

leading a pug, even if you half-ass it, is stressful and exhausting. the last thing that poor guy with the crown needs is people who don't even listen. if that was my group and i had people dawdling around when i'm trying to get something done with a group that probably has nothing in the way of cooperation or synergy, i'd just kick you out. calling someone stupid isn't nice, but i can understand it. AD group leaders are probably not the issue here.

in case you didn't know, you can change the size of the text and the colour as well. that's in esc -> settings -> social. you can also resize your ui and chat box, and there are also addons which add a background to your text box so the contrast is better.
    Glantris | VR14 AD Templar | Main Group Heals/Support
    Officer of Decibel, Officer of Legend, Sender of Congealed Cheese
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can be in my group but you better be able to survive with 20+ enemies on you.

My only rules are

1. NO FEAR we charge into everything.
    2. If you die dont cry just res back up and charge back in.
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has joined many PUGs in Cyrodil (and even led a few), the most common mistake PUG leaders make is expecting the entire group to follow complex instructions and/or stack perfectly on the crown. To be honest, stacking perfectly on the crown seems to be more important than getting to an objective for some, and these are the groups I usually leave.

What PUG groups really need from their leader are two things:

1. Objectives. BRK mine for example...the really good PUG leaders will actually coordinate with other groups to obtain an objective that helps the alliance. Instructions for which wall of a keep to siege are also highly useful.

2. Regroup orders. After a wipe, the group needs to know where to regroup, especially if there is no obvious FC to use.

Some PUGs may be able to handle more complicated instructions, but to be honest, if they can handle more complicated instructions, they probably don't need them at all. At least on the EP side, there are a lot of really good players that seem to run solo or in PUGs, and a good PUG can wipe an average zergball out in the open by not grouping on the crown.

• Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krim wrote: »
    You can be in my group but you better be able to survive with 20+ enemies on you.

My only rules are

hmm I like those rules, and the prerequisite
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im looking for 2-4 strong players. I dont care what your build is but it better withstand 10-20 enemies. Thats the test.
  • Theoldguy
    Theoldguy
    ✭✭
    Glantris wrote: »
    why would you even join a group with a leader if you can't take less than ten seconds every now and again to read the instructions your leader probably took more time typing out than it would take to read? being in a group with a bunch of random people you aren't communicating with, with not even a vaguely similar objective sounds completely pointless to me.

leading a pug, even if you half-ass it, is stressful and exhausting. the last thing that poor guy with the crown needs is people who don't even listen. if that was my group and i had people dawdling around when i'm trying to get something done with a group that probably has nothing in the way of cooperation or synergy, i'd just kick you out. calling someone stupid isn't nice, but i can understand it. AD group leaders are probably not the issue here.

in case you didn't know, you can change the size of the text and the colour as well. that's in esc -> settings -> social. you can also resize your ui and chat box, and there are also addons which add a background to your text box so the contrast is better.

Elfina vr14 Sorc
  • Theoldguy
    Theoldguy
    ✭✭
    Ten seconds every now & again will miss a lot of stuff but I get your point.

we where getting the job done just not in the wright place.

and no i didnt know that you could change the size & colour thank you for that info.

Elfina vr14 Sorc
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me nord....you walk...nord follow.... my axe biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig
    Edited by Rune_Relic on September 30, 2014 2:26PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Lfehova
    Lfehova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im looking for 2-4 strong players. I dont care what your build is but it better withstand 10-20 enemies. Thats the test.

I have more than 4! Where do we sign up?

Plus we're all dc, so are you rerolling?
    Characters: Hovaling/Lfehova/Hova-kun/Hovalicious
    Class: DK/DK/Sorc/Templar
    Guild: No Mercy
    Alliance: Daggerfall

Characters after rename: BROVALING/Baka-kun/Brovalicious (Lfehova is now a retired DK and spends his days crafting)
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lfehova wrote: »

I WISH but i aint lvling my alliance rank again.
  • Lfehova
    Lfehova
    ✭✭✭✭

Alliance rank means nothing, once you get assault rank level 10. I have a level 26 and my new main is level 30. I got assault level 10 after two weeks of playing?

Come hither to the blueside. The force is strong in this one. Stay on targetttt

Characters after rename: BROVALING/Baka-kun/Brovalicious (Lfehova is now a retired DK and spends his days crafting)
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krim! Don't give in to temptation! That is the path to the darkside

ben-kenobi-ghost2.gif
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alliance rank means nothing, once you get assault rank level 10. I have a level 26 and my new main is level 30. I got assault level 10 after two weeks of playing?

My play time at the moment isnt as hardcore as it used to be.

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It is hard to justify the playtime we used to put in considering the state of the game these days.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Lfehova
    Lfehova
    ✭✭✭✭

True, same with a lot of people.

But dc never has a lack of cheese balls to nom or cherries to pop. So it wouldn't take long ;)

Don't you want to be able to force grip a female dog?

• krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But dc never has a lack of cheese balls to nom or cherries to pop. So it wouldn't take long ;)

lmao Idk tempting since i hear im loved in DC zone chat. Can we do a welcoming party.

Edited by krim on September 30, 2014 9:19PM
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lmao Idk tempting since i hear im loved in DC zone chat. Can we do a welcoming party.
    BRAIDAS shall spread favorable word throughout the land in preparation of your arrival. Remember, the dark side is the path to to immortality!
    Edited by Braidas on September 30, 2014 9:47PM
  • Xallus
    Xallus
    ✭✭✭
    Braidas wrote: »

My only rules are

What's sad is he's flaunting it, and ZOS doesn't care. The only time they cared was when we posted video's of this amazing player on the day of quakecon. He indeed does not die 1 vs 20, or 40.. unless he chooses to toggle ... err I mean take a bio break.
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    Well c'mon. If everybody and their mom is hiting one wall and you're hitting the one far from it, u deserve to be yelled at. Pay attention. Its not that hard. Just pay attention and put down the weed pipe.
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xallus wrote: »

My only rules are

What's sad is he's flaunting it, and ZOS doesn't care. The only time they cared was when we posted video's of this amazing player on the day of quakecon. He indeed does not die 1 vs 20, or 40.. unless he chooses to toggle ... err I mean take a bio break.
    what? lol
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody dies.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My only rules are

Where is this video?
  • Theoldguy
    Theoldguy
    ✭✭
    mriguy1981 wrote: »
    Well c'mon. If everybody and their mom is hiting one wall and you're hitting the one far from it, u deserve to be yelled at. Pay attention. Its not that hard. Just pay attention and put down the weed pipe.

What ! Learn to Read every body including the leader was there as i said . doh
    learn to read its not that hard.
    Elfina vr14 Sorc
  • Rooty
    Rooty
    ✭✭✭

My only rules are

If I give you a hint, will you give me a cookie?
    No Mercy
    Rooty, Rooty-san, Rooty-sama, Rooty-chan, Rooty-senpai
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    WHERE IS SHE?!
    #FreeBraidas
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My only rules are

Krim relies on not so smart players to walk within range of his sap essence and dumb enough to stand inside his veil to build him ult. Just like how I rely on people to shoot projectiles while I have reflect up to build ult.

It really just comes down to how many "not so smart people" you have on your side.

I ran into him today and the DC players there were standing in his veil. So I just sat back and let them die. Then once a few were dead I made a push and almost killed him but the keep guards and other ad players ambushed me.

Luckily for Krim, me, and anyone who relies on the stupidity/ignorance of others to sustain ult/survivability, there always seem to be just enough "pugs" feeding you ult making it harder for the skilled and smarter players.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why i just look for the largest zerg possible, and charge up all the way to the back of their lines or meatbags. Smarter groups just run past me now.