Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there ever going to be a "world wide" broker?

wraithguknub18_ESO
wraithguknub18_ESO
✭✭✭
Not to sound to whinny. But I truly HATE this broker system. This bidding on sellers in different zones. So one week 2 of my 4 guilds have traders the next week a different guild has one. The next week 2 more etc etc etc ad nausea

So what would be so terrible about having a world wide broker system? 1 or 2 per zone. Put stuff up for sale everyone can finally start finding stuff they want.

Some of the spam in zone chat about selling this that or the other thing would be gone.

Admittedly I come from games that always had a world wide system so I just might be a tad bit biased towards that but this system seem so just god awfully horrible.

For those that say it wouldnt be "realistic" in sword and sorcery MMO. Ah they have this thing called MAGIC. That could make it work. The portals. etc etc etc.

Im sorry I know the haters are going to come shout me down with the oh so witty "your and idiot" or "thats just stupid" responses. But be that as it may I would just like to see a WW system.

Sorry if this offends you
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We just have to keep asking for them and hopefully ZOS will eventually cave. At the very least they should have a faction wide broker.
    :trollin:
  • Thrymbauld
    Thrymbauld
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have to agree, would really like to see it. Joining a guild solely to play the broker mini-game just doesn't interest me in the slightest--it interests me even less than joining a guild solely to get access to their broker.

All I really want to do is be able to throw my stuff on there and sell it, while simultaneously being able to buy stuff without having to watch seven different loading screens to visit potential brokerages.

Realism certainly isn't an issue--the portal/transitus system is inherent to the game. The personal bank also doesn't take location into account in any way.
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Once again I go from 3 guild traders to zero. This system is the absolute worse system I have ever seen in an MMO.

Sorry if I come across "whining" but I am not one to stand in a zone spamming my stuff to sell. I personally cant stand people spamming zone chat selling this that and the other thing. I end up ignoring them.

Could I spam zone chat yes. Will I NO.

So can we please get a World Wide broker system...pretty please with skooma on top?
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    In other words, an auction house. Why should they do this, when they have stated they will NOT do this on a megaserver, and the polls on this site show it is FAR from a unanimous wish of the players to have such a thing? Why beat a dead horse? Why not lobby for something they have NOT stated will not be implemented, like a sales chat channel? Work WITHIN what they have stated to be their criteria, instead of whining with the same old tune.
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Where is that poll?
    Where did they say they would not do that? Before game launch? I remember them saying they would not have stores like they have now either.
    Every other MMO I have seen has a world wide broker, what is the issue with having one here?
    If you think I am whining that's your opinion. I am simply asking for what I want. if you disagree that is your prerogative. Allow me mine by asking for what I would like to see.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »
    In other words, an auction house. Why should they do this, when they have stated they will NOT do this on a megaserver, and the polls on this site show it is FAR from a unanimous wish of the players to have such a thing? Why beat a dead horse? Why not lobby for something they have NOT stated will not be implemented, like a sales chat channel? Work WITHIN what they have stated to be their criteria, instead of whining with the same old tune.

We should be able to make our own global channels anyway, I mean that is a pretty basic feature of many MMOs. Then we could make one for LFG, one for selling, etc.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every other MMO I have seen has a world wide broker, what is the issue with having one here?

Because every other MMO is parsed out across many servers, where in this game the mega server creates instances that we play in. How would the Auction House work across instances? How would the Auction House work if the entire game population or even faction population is accessing it at roughly the same time?

Those are the technical reasons. The other reasons are posted all over the boards, both for and and against a GAH.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a refreshing and realistic take on in-game economics. Sure it's not as convenient as the lazier games like WoW and Neverwinter with their "world-wide" auction houses.

But this game isn't those games. I, for one, am glad it's choosing to stand apart from those games in every way it can.

WoW made gamers spoiled and lazy. Prove me wrong.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What has WoW to do with this? It has been in all the MMOs I have played.
    Its also has to do with more people selling more stuff so more can buy.
    I cant tell you the number of times I go to traders and cant find stuff I want.
    I hate taking an hour or more to travel to all the traders. Its a waste of time
  • Thrymbauld
    Thrymbauld
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Because every other MMO is parsed out across many servers, where in this game the mega server creates instances that we play in. How would the Auction House work across instances? How would the Auction House work if the entire game population or even faction population is accessing it at roughly the same time?

Those are the technical reasons. The other reasons are posted all over the boards, both for and and against a GAH.

The "technical reasons" are a strawman at best.

What if there was a thing in the game where people are constantly adding and subtracting things from anywhere in the world, with a large portion of the games population using it all at the same time? Oh, wait....that's called the bank. The only difference between the bank and an auction house, from a data perspective, is the fact that every person would be able to see the same one, rather than a different one, which would require some level of dynamic updatability.

I have no idea what instances have to do with accessing an Auction House. They'd do it the same way they do it everywhere, and the same way they access brokers now. They'd access the data base on demand.

The technical reasons are not substantial.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that makes this game different from WoW is a good thing.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Thrymbauld
    Thrymbauld
    ✭✭✭
    Anything that makes this game different from WoW is a good thing.

Let's look at the current differences, solely from the perspective of someone buying or selling(someone kicking in gold to "buy" a merchant stall is in a different meta, to a degree):

Each location has different goods.

"Shopping around" means traveling all over the world, which is nothing more than visiting waypoints and enduring load screens.

No bidding, items aren't actually auctions.

Players are excluded from using it to sell unless they join a guild that keeps one. Further, they must join a guild that keeps one in a proper location to sell the types of goods you want to sell. You join that guild for this purpose, not the purpose of socialization or general gameplay interests(other than selling things, obviously).

No textual search engine.

Things that are the same:

Items are in a database that players access.

"Price fixing" happens--if you deeply undercut someone you're more likely to find it on a competing broker for more money than you are to have sold it to a consumer.

Prices stagnate to a fairly specific number and stay at this price, barring any supply or demand change.

Locations tend to be at population hubs.

In my opinion, these differences don't make it better.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope not. I like the system of guild traders. The guild store interface needs some work to make searching for things easier (though the AwesomeGuildStore add-on is really good for that) and we could use additional traders.
    The Moot Councillor
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    IMO I just think it would be better over all to have a system where everyone can buy and sell without being in a guild. Where you can find what you want without going all over the world.

Of course there are other reasons this would be beneficial but why bother. Im just going to be scorned and ridiculed for wanting this.

The funny thing is someone stated that the polls suggested the majority of players did not want this. However when speaking to my guilds they all seem to want it. Hence I posted.

Also remember the vast majority of players dont bother with the forums. If zos wants a true "poll" of whether the players want this or not they should have an in game poll 1 per account and judge it from there.

But as someone told me no sense beating a dead horse because the vocal minority are going to win every time.

Yall have a nice day now. Ya hear
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have the ability to pay a small gold fee, tell the game what I was looking for and then have it scour all the available traders to find. I've recently been trying to get my hands on PvP armor pieces and it's incredibly frustrating to go all over the world checking various stalls hoping to find those one or two pieces I need to complete a set. I like the trader stalls personally, but I wouldn't hate a compromise that added in some greater flexibility when trying to find the stuff you actually want.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea , but i agree with the idea that with people keep asking , then maybe at some point we will finally get it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate the "Magic" excuse for everything. I guess that's my bias. I find it much more immersive to have to work through various traders to find goods myself and have enjoyed the system a lot so far.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Xaraan...and i dont judge you for how you feel.

Personally I dont care about "immersion" for something like a broker.

As I have also said before it is simply my opinion. That and a buck 25 will get you a cup of coffee.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually like the trading guild mechanic as opposed to an auction house. I think better sorting options and a search by name of item feature would take a lot of the frustration off and eliminate a lot of zone chat issues. I've asked if people are selling x item in trading guild chat before just because the interface is clunky on the stores.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.