The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How many skill points are available in Cyrodiil?

KenjiJU
KenjiJU
✭✭✭
Excluding skyshards, how many skillpoints can be gained here?

I just finished a kill quest or something the other night and I gained a skill point. Are there any more to be had?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are skyshards there too.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the only skill points you get via cyrodiil are from Alliance Rank which would be 49 or 50?

plus 3x15 sky shards would make cyrodiil worth at least 65 skill points.
    Edited by eNumbra on September 28, 2014 3:06PM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you also get skill points from doing some of the main goals, like taking a keep for the first time

think its like +70 skill points
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow. Looks like I might be in here more often.

Thanks all.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first hour in cyrodil I got like 7 skill points :)
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any pvp xp given by using siege equipment/FC items?
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up to level 50...think if you hit your skyshards, do just a little PvP, complete the main quest, etc...its like 80 skill points.

I'm about to about 160 or so now at VR14
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have like over 250 skill points right now but thats with pve as well
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you found a decent use for all of them, or are there far more than you could find worthwhile?
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Have you found a decent use for all of them, or are there far more than you could find worthwhile?

I don't think so. I have around 270-290 on my most active 2 characters and I'm still running low on skill points. Mostly due to passives, I guess, since I rarely have more than 20-30 skills morphed.

You want most of the passives from Fighter's- and Mage's guild. All passives from Alliance War, class skill lines and whatever weapons and armor types you use. If you play vamp or WW, than there's even more points to put in.

Than there crafting, eating so many skills points. Even if your character isn't an actual hardcore crafter, you do want all the hirelings, the food and potion timer, maybe keen eye to spot flowers and so on.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks eliisra. From a personal point of view, I am not interested in PvP and am crafting as well as levelling to 50 by solo and cooperative play in public dungeons, then I am unlikely to progress further if it still involves switching alliances (as I am doing those with alts) and/or forced grouping. I hope that by the time I get 3 or 4 characters to 50 there will be other options for advancing further. As more content is added I'm sure there will be scope to get more skill points too. I'm taking it a slowly and finding I can keep my skills up as needed but will see how it develops later on. My highest is only 20 at the moment.