The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rare Motifs pricing

Pseudolo
Pseudolo
✭✭✭
I'd like to know the current prices for the Rare Motifs, like Daedric and Ancient Elf. I remember purchasing Ancient Elf a couple of updates ago for 25k, while now everybody asks 60k for a rare motif. Is this due to a reduced drop rate or are players becoming greedy?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A bit of both probably.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop rate was nerfed, they are harder to find now.

It seems like the recipe drop rate was nerfed slightly as well, though I don't think the market has noticed it yet.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

It seems like the recipe drop rate was nerfed slightly as well, though I don't think the market has noticed it yet.

I farm two buildings frequently with one of my characters, and I get a recipe each and every time. A lot of Blues and the Purples are showing up with some decent frequency. I get a Motif book about every other farming run. Unfortunately, they are just Blues so far, but hoping for a rare drop.

BTW, I found my first purple motif in a burned out crate in a ruin of a house in a town that I had to battle back some evil in.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    I have like 5 purple recipies and 2 primal motifs, noone what's to buy them at the moment. So in going to wait and sell them for loads in future ehehehee

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you had a Barbaric or Ancient Elf I might talk to you about buying one...

The first I found was Primal. It was perfect as the toon I was playing at the time just started Shadowfen, and Primal is a perfect motif for that zone. Now she is in Eastmarch, so put her in Nord styled gear.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

I think your RNG instance might just be having a sad. Yesterday, I picked up 4 racials and several recipes in about 2 hours of casual running around. In prior post-1.4 Patches it was a struggle to find anything.

Sometimes I think their RNGen is using a screwed up algorithm but I also know that truly random generation means sometimes things are clumped, leading the less informed to think that things aren't random. I fully expect that the other shoe will drop soon and my run of good drops will turn into a run of bad drops *shrug*.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on October 1, 2014 11:06PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the prices are ridiculous in my opinion. I myself refuse to pay over 25K for ANY of the motifs; but that's just me.

right now, it seems barbaric and primal are 35K, daedric and AE sounds like its up to 60K. imperial seems to be about 50-70K. motifs 1-9 are 300-500 gold.

its somewhere around those prices.
  • Plantagenet
    Plantagenet
    ✭✭✭
    Purchased Barbaric for 25k today, and Primal for 35k today.

They evened out, I was willing to buy each for 30k.

Found Imperial myself (got lucky).

Hoping to find Daedric and Ancient elves in the 30k range if I can.

• Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    When I find #11 - #14 they usually sell for between 35k-45k within a week of me posting them in the guild store.
    We're born, we live, we die. And along the way, you do the best with whatever crap you step in :p

I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love, And I have to use the self-service pumps <3

Post Hoc Ergo Proptor Hoc o:)

Motivation alone is not enough. If i had an idiot with me and i motivated him, then i will have a motivated idiot to do stuff :s
  • Blackthorn51
    Blackthorn51
    ✭✭✭
    Think prices are high now? Wait for the justice system! When NPCs bust you for opening their chests and stealing their stuff. Then only a select few will ever have a hope of finding a motiff. Get ready to pay 200k for a Daedric Motiff only to realize after using it that it looks like garbage and you cant even change the color of the leather straps on it. Or wait until you get a Primal Motif and come to the same conclusion. Honestly now that I think about it... Most of the motiffs in this game look like utter crap. Cinder blocks on the hips of medium bosmer for example.

@ZOS. Please fire whoever designed the motifs already in game and hire someone with a real sense of fashion. Someone failed hard at the armor design.

That said, the New Armor that was shown at Quake Con does look great. Must be a different designer, or perhaps the first designer laid off the crystal meth for the new armor.
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    I have found 3 Daedric and 1 Ancient Elves in the last two weeks now. I sold them all for 30-40k each.
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About drop rates, the weirdest experience I had was this:

I was in a home, talking to an NPC. All of a sudden, I see, in the back ground, a drawer open and close. Exit the dialog, I look into the drawer and there's an imperial motif. Like some ghost left it there for me lol.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If you had a Barbaric or Ancient Elf I might talk to you about buying one...
    I just found a Barbaric last night (October 15, 2014) and I'm selling it on the Reformed Robbers guild store in Daggerfall if you're interested.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Think prices are high now? Wait for the justice system! When NPCs bust you for opening their chests and stealing their stuff. Then only a select few will ever have a hope of finding a motiff. Get ready to pay 200k for a Daedric Motif

I hope you are right as I have 5-6 of each purple motif book sitting in my bank waiting for a reason to trade or sell them. The Justice System might be my ticket to a fortune.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Think prices are high now? Wait for the justice system! When NPCs bust you for opening their chests and stealing their stuff. Then only a select few will ever have a hope of finding a motiff. Get ready to pay 200k for a Daedric Motif

I hope you are right as I have 5-6 of each purple motif book sitting in my bank waiting for a reason to trade or sell them. The Justice System might be my ticket to a fortune.

lol. I doubt people will ever be that desperate again, to pay that much for a motif. at least I hope not....
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm whether you can find daedric and ancient elf in Craglorn as a VR1 character?
  • Constantinople
    Can you find two purple motifs in one day?
  • BasileiosThanatos
    BasileiosThanatos
    Soul Shriven
    neueregel wrote: »
    I have found 3 Daedric and 1 Ancient Elves in the last two weeks now. I sold them all for 30-40k each.

may I ask where you found them?
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    I just fully collected all 4 epic motifs. First I bought "Elves" for 35k in chat. Then (!) I found same in the Avanchuzel (V10 version) and traded it for Barbaric. Then I bought Primal for 32k+ epic recipe. And today I found Daedric in the Avanchuzel. I specially farmed it in that ruin: many urns, jugs and pots.

It was not in one day.
    Edited by Alexium on October 26, 2014 10:41AM