Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Campaign Map

ghengis_dhan
ghengis_dhan
✭✭✭
One way to fix the player distribution between campaigns and to generate new interest in PvP is to create a second Cyrodiil map. The current map is Cyrodiil circa 2E 583. If ZOS creates a second map, say circa 2E 587, with keeps in different locations, new daily quests, and some other minor changes, you will see players wanting to try the campaigns with the new map, while others staying in the old map campaigns.

BTW...Another way to generate interest is to tell people what is not obvious about PvP. It has a very steep learning curve compared to PvE, and until you learn what to do and when, it won't be quite as fun.

EDIT: This idea is for down the road. I believe the higher priority in Cyrodiil is fixing the latency and bugs.
Edited by ghengis_dhan on September 27, 2014 11:41PM
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Teddy Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still we have no imperial city; many bugs, lags, exploits bla bla and you expecting to add new Cyrodiil map? Good luck with that.
  • ghengis_dhan
    ghengis_dhan
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely agree that the lags and bugs need to be fixed first. Adding a second Cyrodiil map will take a major effort on ZOS part. I just want to put it out there as something to see down the road. I'll edit my discussion.

I do believe that a second map will help with most players going to Thornblade while the other campaigns are void of activity. Plus, it would be nice to see the effect on Cyrodiil after all your heroic deads are done around Tamriel.
    Edited by ghengis_dhan on September 27, 2014 11:49PM
    "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Teddy Roosevelt, Paris, 1910