Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

These two skills on the lightning staff seem to work against each other for no reason

Rakatepa
Rakatepa
Soul Shriven
I don't understand why ZOS had the lightning staffs destructive touch CC be a disorient but then have its Tri-Focus passive be splash damage which would break it. I know the whole trouble with disorient is people not paying attention and breaking it with AoE but it seems to work against the whole feel of the the lightning staff to have one ability be a "because you are using the lightning staff your CC ability is a disiorent, careful not to use AoE" then have another ability be "because you are using a lightning staff, you will deal AoE damage"...
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow also has a stun (magnum shot) that is broken by light attack.
    To me the idea is to ..
    1. give you a breather and recover resources rather than use the time to attack.
    2. let you take on multiple enemies alone.

very useful when facing multiple healers that chain heal each other.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on September 27, 2014 2:10PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Bow also has a stun (magnum shot) that is broken by light attack.
    To me the idea is to ..
    1. give you a breather and recover resources rather than use the time to attack.
    2. let you take on multiple enemies alone.

very useful when facing multiple healers that chain heal each other.

Yes but you can choose not to hit the target you just disoriented. Lightning Tri-Focus's splash cannot be controlled, i.e. you can disorient one target, use your heavy attack on another and have the uncontrollable (and extremely weak) splash break the disorient.

But really, a more important issue with Shock Touch is the fact that damaging weapon enchantments will proc on the Touch and break the disorient immediately (unless they fixed that?).

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I see.... fair do's.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited