The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fishing needs you ZOS

Lord Stark
Lord Stark
✭✭✭
This has been one of the hardest to enjoy things in the game. I know you guys have been hearing this for a while but you don't address it.

1-The rewards for fishing are not enough at all: Dye's are great but not that big of an incentive that it can be the sole benefit to a craft.

Suggested fix- Daily fishing quests that you can do, these can give you some form of token that can be used to buy from a vendor that only sells to fishermen/women.

2-No leveling system for fishing makes it boring. I can spend months fishing and be no better at my craft then someone who just picked up a pole.

Suggested fix- Make it level to 50 like any craft, and hopefully a very slow and tough one to level.

3-No incentive of pulling up some rare loot at the end of your line: Wet Gunny Sacks are jokes

Suggested fix- Add a cool disguise or something of the like with a really low drop rate to the sacks or as something that can be fished up on its own.

4-No synergies with ANY other profession: I know a lot of people expect that this should work with Provisioning, and I know back in Beta it actually did. You guys scrapped that model for a good reason, that does not mean forget about it all together.

Suggested fix- Okay now the obvious choice would be, make fish a component of provisioning, I don't need to suggest that, you guys tried it out in Beta and did not like it. How about making provisioning a component of fishing. You guys have stated that you wanted to readdress provisioning.. this would kill 2 birds with one stone, Provisioners could prepare the bait that you would use in fishing, these could improve your chances of fishing up better quality game, provide slight buffs to how much experience you are getting while fishing, maybe some could be universal bait that could be used in rivers lakes and oceans combined etc.. etc.

5-The fish that you catch themselves are still broken! People want to be able to use these but you cant, the tip even says to use the item. The monetary value's of this fish are also somewhat broken.. I can sell a stack of white rarity fish for an abysmal 300g, a stack of green rarity for 0g, and then a stack of blue rarity for 11.5k ??????? That makes no sense just saying.

Suggested fix- Take away any use feature from the item and just make the monetary values scale a little better I.e. white sell for 500g a stack green 4,000g, and blue 12,000g. If you wanted to be really cool maybe 1 named purple fish per zone for the really dedicated fisherman to hunt ;]

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to hear back
Edited by Lord Stark on September 26, 2014 4:32PM
Lord Stark of Winterfell - VR14 Dk - NA server - Thornblade - Eminent Gaming
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord Stark wrote: »
    This has been one of the hardest to enjoy things in the game. I know you guys have been hearing this for a while but you don't address it.

1-The rewards for fishing are not enough at all: Dye's are great but not that big of an incentive that it can be the sole benefit to a craft.

Suggested fix- Daily fishing quests that you can do, these can give you some form of token that can be used to buy from a vendor that only sells to fishermen/women.

Could work, or could just be repetitive.
    2-No leveling system for fishing makes it boring. I can spend months fishing and be no better at my craft then someone who just picked up a pole.

Suggested fix- Make it level to 50 like any craft, and hopefully a very slow and tough one to level.

Might be difficult to make it work, given that you need to make it worth investing skill points with leaving it usable for everybody.
    3-No incentive of pulling up some rare loot at the end of your line: Wet Gunny Sacks are jokes

Suggested fix- Add a cool disguise or something of the like with a really low drop rate to the sacks or as something that can be fished up on its own.

Nice Idea.
    4-No synergies with ANY other profession: I know a lot of people expect that this should work with Provisioning, and I know back in Beta it actually did. You guys scrapped that model for a good reason, that does not mean forget about it all together.

Suggested fix- Okay now the obvious choice would be, make fish a component of provisioning, I don't need to suggest that, you guys tried it out in Beta and did not like it. How about making provisioning a component of fishing. You guys have stated that you wanted to readdress provisioning.. this would kill 2 birds with one stone, Provisioners could prepare the bait that you would use in fishing, these could improve your chances of fishing up better quality game, provide slight buffs to how much experience you are getting while fishing, maybe some could be universal bait that could be used in rivers lakes and oceans combined etc.. etc.

Yeah, several recipes could work with fish, including fish cakes (fish mixed with mashed potato in breadcrumbs (either fried or baked)
    5-The fish that you catch themselves are still broken! People want to be able to use these but you cant, the tip even says to use the item. The monetary value's of this fish are also somewhat broken.. I can sell a stack of white rarity fish for an abysmal 300g, a stack of green rarity for 0g, and then a stack of blue rarity for 11.5k ??????? That makes no sense just saying.

Suggested fix- Take away any use feature from the item and just make the monetary values scale a little better I.e. white sell for 500g a stack green 4,000g, and blue 12,000g. If you wanted to be really cool maybe 1 named purple fish per zone for the really dedicated fisherman to hunt ;]

I like the idea of fixing the prices for selling, it needs to happen.

People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule