The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Impenetrable Trait Change

• Semfim
    Semfim
    ✭✭✭
    Just a friendly bump because I think crit builds are a too much of a go all the way style of play. Like an above poster said it is possible to rely on crits if you max your rating and use a pot, but that excludes everything in the middle. If you by chance want a mixed build with some crit but other stuff in the mix you can forget about ever criting.

Also, the main issue everyone not using a bow is having atm in cyro is being killed by bow sneaks attacks without any chance to fight back, or a low time to kill if you want. Making impen reduce crit damage (even if from stealth) would mitigate that because the issue is not that stealth attacks gain crit chance, they crit ALL the time (as posted by a ZOS employee somewhere in the last week).
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Semfim wrote: »
    Just a friendly bump because I think crit builds are a too much of a go all the way style of play. Like an above poster said it is possible to rely on crits if you max your rating and use a pot, but that excludes everything in the middle.

I can agree w/ this.

Impenetrable users don't have to sacrifice even close to the same amount to be able to negate that majority of crit rating from stacked gear sets + pot.

In PvP, it's not even a choice. Either you get yourself an extremely rare dropped set w/ a godly bonus, or you rock a crafted set w/ Impenetrable. Every other choice is completely meaningless.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    In PvP, it's not even a choice. Either you get yourself an extremely rare dropped set w/ a godly bonus, or you rock a crafted set w/ Impenetrable. Every other choice is completely meaningless.

Agreed.

Grab a bow, and you'll soon find out those who do use impen and those that don't. Most do, and those that don't well it's hard for them now, instead of dying and burning through camps they spend most of their time on horseback trying to get back into the action.

Most PvP'ers have a set to use within Cyrodiil and another for questing, trials etc.

I thought everyone new this, and it's not like everyone doesn't have exposure and the access to do the same.

What exactly is the problem again?

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    Varicite wrote: »

Agreed.

Grab a bow, and you'll soon find out those who do use impen and those that don't. Most do, and those that don't well it's hard for them now, instead of dying and burning through camps they spend most of their time on horseback trying to get back into the action.

Most PvP'ers have a set to use within Cyrodiil and another for questing, trials etc.

I thought everyone new this, and it's not like everyone doesn't have exposure and the access to do the same.

What exactly is the problem again?

I'm struggling with this also. My sorcerer build is not really focused on high DPS from crits but rely on Critical hits for self healing. Everything PvE seems fairly flexible in terms of build and gear setup. Hopping in to PVP it seems like a lot of gear, builds, and survival tactics are rendered useless, and you're being forced to play the PvP way. As for me rely on crits for heals and and found a playstyle and skill setup i like.

I feel like I'm forced to Spec all in for as much HP and impen as possible, to survive crits and high damage bursts in PvP. It's not the way i wanna play... Well I'm kind of a glasscannon build and don't expect to get hit that much but if i do i would at least like the choice to rely on my critical surge for some self heals, which is quite useless right now.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, it just makes a major racial for khajiit obsolete in pvp. Not exactly fair if you ask me.
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyotee0071 wrote: »
    Sadly, it just makes a major racial for khajiit obsolete in pvp. Not exactly fair if you ask me.

It also makes several Nightblade passives useless/severely weaker & prevent players from using crit builds, further decreasing the almost non-existent build diversity.

Solution:
    1. Make Impenetrable decrease critical strike damage instead by 1-5%/piece (max 80%, would mean 10%~ increase only from critical strikes)
    2. Scale down the amount of critical strike players are able to attain. Having 80% critical strike chance is downright ridiculous (in most MMOs the average is 20-30%, temporarily getting up to 50-100% with buffs).
    3. Balance the game based on new, non-broken numbers.
    Edited by DDuke on December 31, 2014 4:59PM
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way a light armor wearer should be able to reach 70% crit resist. That only contributes to the imbalance between all 3 armor types. They should reduce impenetrable mitigation by 50% at least and give heavy armor a passif to up effectiveness of traits.

But I agree, w/o impenetration you would see archers with 70-80% crit chance with shadow mundus 1 shotting everyone. The ideal setup would be to have crit capped at 50% crit and impen to 25
    Edited by Kupoking on January 1, 2015 12:44PM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the ideal situation would be just to have Impenetrable reduce critical damage instead of critical chance.
    Edited by Varicite on January 1, 2015 2:51PM
  • veakal
    veakal
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah that's what the Original Post says.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    veakal wrote: »
    Yeah that's what the Original Post says.

I know, I agreed w/ the OP on the first page.

/shrug
  • Semfim
    Semfim
    ✭✭✭
    So is this another elephant in the room? Haven't heard a thing about this since launch and it has been much talked about...