The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Help me decide

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I have decided to make a new 2H character. I am trying to decide between Templar and a NB. which one should I go for? and what abilities/build?
  • ArielleJureaux
    ArielleJureaux
    ✭✭✭
    Since you already have 2 Night Blades, why don't you try a Templar? A guild mate of mine plays a 2H Templar and loves it.
  • MiyaTheUnbroken
    MiyaTheUnbroken
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say Templar simply because NB are struggling a bit more with glitches and bugs. Plus, it seems like you've seen most of what NBs have to offer, so a Templar might be a bit more interesting for you.
  • Lizelle
    Lizelle
    ✭✭✭
    My advice would be to level up 2H on your v12 NB if you want to play with it and get v14 :) Templar DPS is not that good and STA builds can't really compete in end game content.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lizelle wrote: »
    My advice would be to level up 2H on your v12 NB if you want to play with it and get v14 :) Templar DPS is not that good and STA builds can't really compete in end game content.

what is STA?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lizelle wrote: »

im actually thinking about leveling DW for my VR12 NB, but idk yet.

I have to do something with her though, cant play with only a bow.

also, reaching VR14 is of little concern to me.
    Edited by Cody on September 26, 2014 11:22AM
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save your self the frustration, do not go NB..

As much as I love the class, its not up to par, I do not have the heart or patience to reroll to vet 14 again.
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sav72 wrote: »

As much as I love the class, its not up to par, I do not have the heart or patience to reroll to vet 14 again.

iv actually decided to try a DK 2H, and im having a blast.

I foresee great things in PvP with her.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

that would be alot of fun, but, dk has no invisibility skills so i really cant do it. i need and love invisibility skills and casting invisibility.
    without invis im basicly realy cant do it and bored to death.

oh and also i need that teleport strike. - it fits the over all dagger and duel wield axes type style i enjoy.

Edited by Gilvoth on October 2, 2014 8:45PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

that would be alot of fun, but, dk has no invisibility skills so i really cant do it. i need and love invisibility skills and casting invisibility.
    without invis im basicly realy cant do it and bored to death.

oh and also i need that teleport strike. - it fits the over all dagger and duel wield axes type style i enjoy.

I myself don't like teleport strike.... can never seem to do much damage with it. don't know why.
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭

I foresee a lot of healing <3 from my side for your 2h DK. Don't forget to say "thanks" once in a while when I rezz yar little DK.
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nidwin wrote: »

I foresee a lot of healing <3 from my side for your 2h DK. Don't forget to say "thanks" once in a while when I rezz yar little DK.

haha:)

if you intend to be on thornblade, black water blade, or in the imperial city, I will see you.

granted, if its not in blackwater blade, I may be on my crappy VR12, but I will see you.
    Edited by Cody on October 3, 2014 8:05PM
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is a legit choice for 2hand, I'm working on an alt 2 hand sorc and its fun, you have nice synergy with crit surge, critical rush and streak. I leveled 2 hand on Templar and didn't like it, the class itself doesn't synergize well 2hand for me I much preferred when I switched to sword board resto instead of 2hand resto.