Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sparks and associated morphs

chipputer
chipputer
✭✭✭
Is there any particular reason why these shouldn't be working on enemies immune to CC? I understand that lowering the hit chance of an enemy is technically considered such, but this basically means that I'm stuck having to find a group in Veteran content to handle any boss that happens to be a physical type and immune to CC. Due to when I actually actively play, this is incredibly difficult. The sudden spike in damage dealt between bosses is also very sporadic and basically means that I need to have tools to be able to survive and those tools aren't being given to me.

I don't want the game to be easier by any means. Funnily enough, I'm basically able to beat a good portion of the content in the game by using Thundering Presence (or whatever the morph is called), holding block, casting Degeneration, and sneaking in one or two light attacks, or a heavy, between enemy attacks. However, nothing works against bosses with 20k+ health that can deal 500 damage to me in a single attack who also happen to be immune to CC.

Even using my "leave a spell caster alive" strategy isn't enough to get me through those fights (where I purposefully leave one alive to take advantage of S/S absorb magic to heal myself).

I simply want to know if there's something I'm overlooking that works to help mitigate damage against these physical type bosses. Sparks isn't the answer, so what is? Is the answer to adjust my schedule to play at an earlier time to have a better chance of grouping? Because I was able to play early today and still haven't seen many players around or gotten responses in my Vr4 zone. I can only assume it gets worse as time goes on.
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    The easiest way to improve your ability to solo difficult bosses is to learn resto staff. It might not be how you intended to build, but it makes a massive difference to solo play, and improves your utility in groups also.
  • chipputer
    chipputer
    ✭✭✭
    I have my restoration staff leveled up, but I fail to see how that's going to protect me from a boss dealing almost 1/4 of my life per hit through a block. I've used it in the past, as a secondary setup, and it didn't seem to make much difference.

I mean, sure, I'll try it again, I guess.
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    I recently switched to Resto staff to solo Storm Atronachs to finish up my Daedra Slayer. It makes a huge difference in soloing public and world bosses, but a few still need several players to take down, flat out.
  • chipputer
    chipputer
    ✭✭✭
    KenjiJU wrote: »
    I recently switched to Resto staff to solo Storm Atronachs to finish up my Daedra Slayer. It makes a huge difference in soloing public and world bosses, but a few still need several players to take down, flat out.

Yeah that's my thing. I expect bosses to be hard, but I also expect them to be able to be soloed with proper planning, preparation, and strategy. If I end up having to stack healing and armor buffs to do so then I guess that's what I'll do, until I can't feasibly do it and need a group.

I've tried almost everything else already. *shrug*
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    at least the ability works in PvP