The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in combat. Stuck in combat. Stuck in combat. Stuck in combat. Stuck in combat.

butterfly442
butterfly442
✭✭✭
Stuck in combat. Stuck in combat. Stuck in combat. Stuck in combat.

We know that support has problems addressing things unless you do everything in your power to be annoying.

Please tell us how being in "combat" works, so we can report when we are in "combat" when we should not be.

In other words, tell us when we should be, and we will tell you when it is broken so you can fix it.
  • butterfly442
    butterfly442
    ✭✭✭
    People must enjoy being stuck in combat. Nothing constructive to tell the devs about it. Good job community. Holding to the high standards you set for yourselves. All you care about is cosmetic fixes.
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For one to be in combat.. he must first be in combat.
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only stuck in combat that bothers me is when I get to close to a guard. Other then that.. as long as you kill the players that you attached you are usually not stuck in combat.
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should remove the in combat-thing completely. There is no reason you should not be able to mount anytime you like. If you mount at the wrong time, someone shoots tou down, you get rooted and die. Just let us mount at anytime and this issue is fixed
  • Mahogany
    Mahogany
    ✭✭✭
    As a healer, I have resigned myself to being permanently stuck in combat. Alas, gone are the days of being able to ride my horse.
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree, very annoying bug. Please fix devs.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree, this needs to be fixed. Hard to believe this is STILL an issue.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • seneferab16_ESO
    seneferab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If mounting isn't allowed because PvP/PvE balance issues, just make us mount with an empty stamina bar on the horse if we are in combat. That'd make it very risky if we actually ARE in combat and it'd remove all of the frustration if we aren't.
    Aerin Treerunner, pre dinner snack
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JLB wrote: »
    Totally agree, very annoying bug. Please fix devs.

Sounds a little harsh.
    And if they fix the devs, where will the next generation of devs come from.

I had a dog once, that got fixed.
    It didn't work out so well for him, either.

Just sayin'.....
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a weird bug that seems to effect only certain accounts. Best example I can give is we have one guild member who gets this bug. We would be out in Craglorn (4 of us) and finish off a fight. Often one of us would port to next spot and then the rest would port to that player. This one guild member would randomly get the "in combat error". Fight would be over, 3 of us would port, and he would be stuck in combat. Usually he would have to wait 10+ minutes, or force close the game. It is one of those random bugs, but it clearly effects some accounts. This only happens to this one guild memeber
  • seneferab16_ESO
    seneferab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It is a weird bug that seems to effect only certain accounts. Best example I can give is we have one guild member who gets this bug. We would be out in Craglorn (4 of us) and finish off a fight. Often one of us would port to next spot and then the rest would port to that player. This one guild member would randomly get the "in combat error". Fight would be over, 3 of us would port, and he would be stuck in combat. Usually he would have to wait 10+ minutes, or force close the game. It is one of those random bugs, but it clearly effects some accounts. This only happens to this one guild memeber

Is he, by any chance, your healer?

Also, tell him to swap weapons and then sheath them. Sometimes it works.
    Aerin Treerunner, pre dinner snack
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is he, by any chance, your healer?

Also, tell him to swap weapons and then sheath them. Sometimes it works.

NB dps. I'll tell him about sheath. He has tried the hit escape twice which fixes other small bugs
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens less frequently for me now tho. Also noticed how the combat-stuck goes away quicker.

For example, I use to be stuck in combat all the way from Chalman Keep Mine and up to Bleaker's (on a bad day). Now I'm only stuck in combat from Chalman Keep Mine and up to the gate choke point, along the road.

It's certainly not fixed yet. Still ever so frustrating, especially when everyone mounts up and sprints away, while the poor healer is running behind (than gets eaten by sneaking NB's). But there's been some improvements for me.