The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What not to store?

Razzak
Razzak
✭✭✭✭✭
Just renewed my sub and decided to do a little "house cleaning". I have 7 chars with their inventory filled (70-80 spaces/char), so naturally I would like to clean them up a bit and get either space for new char or more manageable inventory.
Very early after launch, I noticed there is really no need for crafting before 50 as you damage your gear very fast, repair cost is absurd and you get better gear from simple questing in very short time. So ... I stopped crafting. I use my two crafting chars for deconstructing only.
Which, of course, means I managed to accumulated a boat load of style materials, among other things. But now, I wonder why? They can't be sold as they cost nothing, you can get them very easily with deconstructing and they just fill my, very limited, inventory.
Thus I decided to destroy most of them and leave just one stack of each.

My question ... is there anything else that is equally unnecessary to hoard or store in large quantities for when I decide to restart my crafting?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd start with mats. I keep enough on hand for my needs, plus a little extra for crafting orders. The rest I sell. I'd keep no more than 1 stack of less valued trait stones like sturdy and well fitted. I'd convert any plants and provisions into usable foods, drinks, and potions. Probably the same with runes. I would ditch any trophies or otherwise useless vanity items. Any items being saved for trait research I would research on an alt until a research slot opened.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »
    Which, of course, means I managed to accumulated a boat load of style materials, among other things. But now, I wonder why? They can't be sold as they cost nothing, you can get them very easily with deconstructing and they just fill my, very limited, inventory.

Join a guild with an active Guild Store or Kiosk, make stacks of 25 for each Racial or Trait gem and sell them that way. Not sure on pricing but you can get 200 to 500 gold per stack for these.

Or, even better, make cheap items with traits on them and sell them in the same guild stores for 200 gold. Other people can use them for research.

Now, to answer your question as I have just done a house cleaning like this. With Armor/Clothing/Weapon mats I only put stacks of 100 on mule. Once I have two stacks of 100, then I sell the excess. With Provisioning, I only keep those things that are rarer like Salt and mats that have value. Even though these stacks are much less than 100, I can try any recipe once I start provisioning again. Same with Alchemy.

Enchanting, well, I just keep whatever I have.

I also split my mules up, one only holds Woodworking and Clothing mats, one holds Blacksmithing/Traits/Racials, one holds Enchanting, one holds Provisioning, one holds Alchemy. This way I can quickly get to the Mule in question. Also, Inventory Insight or a similar mod can help with this.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All common stuff, trait, racial etc, goes in the bank for all the crafters to use. Each guy keeps his stuff, mats etc and I keep 100 stacks of mats on my mule. 100 stacks of trait, racial etc are the limit, I usually destroy everything else.

I have consistently supplied both myself and my son with gear since the start. I can always make better stuff than is generally available.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd decon or research set items too. They apparently pop up again after L50 so it's easier to use them as research/decon at low levels rather than keeping them past their "use-at" level.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks gals and guys for your ideas. I guess some cleaning, crafting and selling of this excess baggage will put me on the right path of management nirvana.
    I mean, having 700 pieces of Admantite or 500 Molybdenum is kinda stupid, considering I will not be crafting for some time (until I reach VR levels). Looking at all my chars now, I am amazed at how much stuff I managed to accumulate.

But you know how it goes. There's always that worm in your head that says "What if you're gonna need this?". :)