Cycle of Life 1.4.4 bad pasive description

kosac
kosac
✭✭✭
Hi, in patch notes is

The Restoration staff passive Cycle of Life now increases magicka restore instead of increasing damage.

but ingame is:

Deals 1% damage for every 10% Health you have. Current bonus:10% Also causes your complete heavy attacks to restore an addition 30% Magicka.

So description is bad?

updated: changed values for max sp
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    i know i dnt get it !

when i equip a restro staff my abilities dmg description goes up
    Options
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    The tooltip is bad or the patch note is bad.

It's a coin toss. I'd usually lean towards in-game being bad, but in this case, I think someone blorped on the communique.
    Deals 1% damage for every 20% Health you have. Current bonus:5% Also causes your complete heavy attacks to restore an addition 30% Magicka.

[In bold] shows me this is completely intentional, though it could also be the wrong iteration.
    Edited by KenjiJU on September 23, 2014 10:45AM
    Options
  • kosac
    kosac
    ✭✭✭
    i was happy when i read patch notes yesterday.. but not now.. this is boost for resto staff not nerf.. biggest problem 10% dmg up stays.. i dont think destro staff mana regen is enaugh to change it.. sadly
    Edited by kosac on September 23, 2014 11:00AM
    Options
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    nah this its unintended - i think it will be removed, after all the patch notes say it should be, we will see ^^
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kosac wrote: »
    i was happy when i read patch notes yesterday.. but not now.. this is boost for resto staff not nerf.. biggest problem 10% dmg up stays.. i dont think destro staff mana regen is enaugh to change it.. sadly

Its is not a boost to resto at all. The magic back from the staff is now capped at something like 245 with the passive. So if you had more than 2450 magic you get less back.
    - Mojican
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    nah this its unintended - i think it will be removed, after all the patch notes say it should be, we will see ^^
    Yup, that's correct. This was an error on our end, and we unintentionally left the damage increase in. It will be removed in our next patch, and the way the patch note is currently worded will be how the system works.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • kosac
    kosac
    ✭✭✭
    Thank You Gina
    Options
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    Yup, that's correct. This was an error on our end, and we unintentionally left the damage increase in. It will be removed in our next patch, and the way the patch note is currently worded will be how the system works.

If you unintentionally left the damage increase in then why would your skill description state " ALSO" . This doesn't make sense at all and to me smells of extreme " the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing" . As much as i dont want to make a big deal of this error its one of many "mickey mouse" mistakes that i wouldn't expect from a game I PAY to play :(

As much as i may come across as an ahat, i really do love the game and want it to succeed, but plz get your act together already !
    Options
  • chipputer
    chipputer
    ✭✭✭
    Zolron wrote: »
    If you unintentionally left the damage increase in then why would your skill description state " ALSO" . This doesn't make sense at all and to me smells of extreme " the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing" . As much as i dont want to make a big deal of this error its one of many "mickey mouse" mistakes that i wouldn't expect from a game I PAY to play :(

As much as i may come across as an ahat, i really do love the game and want it to succeed, but plz get your act together already !

The answer is quite simple, really.

They didn't arrive at the conclusion of how to handle the restoration staff, with the new resource return system, right away and they went through a few iterations but left the wrong iteration in.

No need to bite at them over it.
    Options
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In their defense... there are hardly any tooltips that have a clear and distinct enough message.
    They only tried to stay in character here... ;)

But seriously... whoever writes up that inaccurate crap should have been fired a long time ago and every tip needs to be redone from scratch. Badly.
    Options