The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Purple Food recipe - food for thought and discussion.

MichaelShimmel
I was thinking how for those cooks who have the recopies that require oats and tomatoes that there is really no value to producing the items. I am a level 50 and lucky enough to find my consummate honey brittle recipe. I have enough gold to buy one or both of the others even but why? Currently there really is no point. I get oats more often than I get tomatoes in the mail and I get about 4 tomatoes a week. I just turn around and sell them no reason for me to keep them I don't have interest in using them there is no benefit to me.

It would seem to me to make some sort of benefit to the community to make the use of the rare items worth it. Currently the structure goes that a green recipe benefits one stat, a blue does 2 but at a reduced rate, and people does all 3 at a even farther reduction. so why not take the most rare item (seems to be tomatoes to me but the developers know the real chances) make that purple recipe return a stat boost grater than the other two purples, take what in my case would be the recipe that uses oats (again the developers would know or could adjust the "drop rate") and have that boost more than the one using pepper (found freely in the world although uncommon) but less than the one using the rarest ingredient.(seems like tomatoes but I state again the developers would be the ones that know for sure or can change the numbers to fit.)

I know there are updates planned to provisioning but I was throwing this out there as something I think could work depending on how things are changed.
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what you are getting at exactly but with the fixed droprate of the recipes have gone down in price so much anyone can get them all now

I have now 200 oats, 200 tomatos and 200 peppers and hireling 3 out of 3 on all 8 chars so will never ever run out of food.

It is just nice to be able to use the purple food, when it runs out i suddenly feel naked because the bars shrinks to half the size...

Just waiting for the v10 recipes now, selling for 800 k or more ;-)
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beesting wrote: »
    Just waiting for the v10 recipes now, selling for 800 k or more ;-)

I would expect a new set of upper level recipes whenever the Provisioning overhaul occurs or whenever the level cap is raised to VR15. The implementation of the Champion Points system may also permit an increase in the buffs from food/drinks or may permit the crafting of higher level items.
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are tomatoes only given by hirelings?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sagitter wrote: »
    Are tomatoes only given by hirelings?

Yes, Tomatoes and Oats are Hireling only.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • aklairenb14_ESO
    It's the game style. You like to be able to do it on your own without having to wait for the computer to dole out the resource. You like the ability to be able to have as much as you need without waiting for it. Your not alone a majority of people are like that.
    Edited by aklairenb14_ESO on September 30, 2014 5:36PM
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beesting wrote: »
    Not sure what you are getting at exactly but with the fixed droprate of the recipes have gone down in price so much anyone can get them all now

The problem is that Honey Pudding and Sweetrolls are less valuable(both price and usefullness) than Honey Brittle because all of Honey Brittle's components can be farmed from barrels/crates, despite their buff all being the same. Oats and Tomatoes, vital ingredients for Pudding and Sweetrolls can only be acquired through Hirelings - who love sending ingredients for drink recipes, which are useless because they don't stack with food.
    Edited by eNumbra on September 30, 2014 7:50PM
  • MichaelShimmel
    It's exactly what eNumbra said - I think the recipes that require you to spend points in hirelings and be rare for hirelings to bring should give better boost... No?