The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DK Tank question

tpb01
tpb01
✭✭
I have a DK VR14, mostly played solo for most quests and picked up random groups for dungeon play though most regions. Mostly a dps character using the sword/board, bow and two handed skill lines. Built up about 60% health, 20% stam and 20% magika. Use all heavy armor with a rating of 2100, but razor armor can add 1250 and Immovable brute can add 1150 in armor.
Is it possible to use existing set of skills to convert to a tank if needed? What can I do to change up skills, to be a tank in dungeon play if needed?
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use med armour and dual wield to switch things up. give myself a boost to magica too by enchanting the armour so I can use ardent flame abilities. so things like inhale, steel tornado, burning talons (especially with the synergy it uses), flurry (or morphs, sometimes better to switch this to flame whip) and green dragon blood (for health and stam bonus).

Not just limited to this but it's a good example of something that's starting to be effective for me. I can also use this with heavy armour, I usually have it as my second bar for when I'm not tanking or the group needs the extra DPS.

Also depending of whether you ever intend on pvping with this, immovable should be slotted in there somewhere (even pve can benefit greatly from it).
    Edited by JaJaLuka on September 22, 2014 12:29PM
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    tpb01 wrote: »
    Is it possible to use existing set of skills to convert to a tank if needed? What can I do to change up skills, to be a tank in dungeon play if needed?
    And what's the problem?
    All you need is GDB and two 1h&board bars. May be you should reenchant you jewelry for high magika regen (to use GDB for heal & recharge sramina).
    On your single target tanking bar you should have puncture or morphs to taunt (but not to spam) and may be shield charge (to charge target when it refocuse aggro, you may use inner fire for distant taunt, but imho shield charge+puncture is better).
    On the other bar for group tanking you should have talons (burning - better) and volatile armor (toget first group aggro).
    Defensive posture morphs are also usefull (for passive and against boss mages attacks) i like it more then reflective scales.