The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

food and potions

oldspook619
oldspook619
✭✭
Does the buffs from potions and food stack?
  • GFBStarWars
    GFBStarWars
    ✭✭✭
    yeah if you are talking about alchemy potion, if you are talking about drink the no.

But potion last very few second while food last for hours
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    Is there a way to have potions regenerate more quickly? In the heat of battle 30 seconds is a long time.
  • GFBStarWars
    GFBStarWars
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, there is a gliph that you can put on ring and amulet that will reduce the cd of potion, i think each is 5 second.
    And alchemy has a passive that extend the duration of potions.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherrieg wrote: »
    Is there a way to have potions regenerate more quickly? In the heat of battle 30 seconds is a long time.

http://tamrieljournal.com/alchemy-potions-are-extremely-powerful-in-eso/

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah if you are talking about alchemy potion, if you are talking about drink the no.

But potion last very few second while food last for hours

Well, considering that they do completely different things, I'm not sure what you mean. There is no food that will heal you, top off your magica or stamina or all three, make you invisible, make your weapons more powerful or boost your crit, make you immune to CC or knockback (however briefly), make you sneak better, or give you a huge armor boost. They're situational in nature.

There is also no potion that will increase your health regen, or increase your max health or magicka or all three stats.

You can use potions tactically to help you win. You can use food strategically to make you more fit for battle. They're both awesome.

And actually, only purple food lasts for more than one hour. Blue lasts for 1 hour, and Green for ~35 minutes. It's a fine point, and various things will change the details, but not all food lasts for hours as you claim.

The thing about purple food/drink is not only that it lasts a long time, but that it affects all of your stats.
  • GFBStarWars
    GFBStarWars
    ✭✭✭
    @Srugzal‌ have u seen the op question?
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your "answer" had some problems (aside from spelling and grammar, of course). Your response to getting politely corrected is to ask an insulting question. If you want friends in life with a mental age above twelve, you're going to have to do better than that.

Have a nice day!
    Edited by Srugzal on September 25, 2014 8:03AM
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Srugzal wrote: »

Your "answer" had some problems (aside from spelling and grammar, of course). Your response to getting politely corrected is to ask an insulting question. If you want friends in life with a mental age above twelve, you're going to have to do better than that.

Have a nice day!

Obviously, you did NOT read the OP. GFBStarWars answered the OPs question in relation to how it was asked, and it did not have any errors in it.

The OP asked if potions and food stack. The answer is yes.

However, it is MUCH more likely they were talking about drink buffs and food buffs, which do not stack at the current time.

So he was absolutely correct in his answer to the OPs question, and even answered the more likely actual question.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    Srugzal wrote: »

Have a nice day!

Obviously, you did NOT read the OP. GFBStarWars answered the OPs question in relation to how it was asked, and it did not have any errors in it.

The OP asked if potions and food stack. The answer is yes.

However, it is MUCH more likely they were talking about drink buffs and food buffs, which do not stack at the current time.

So he was absolutely correct in his answer to the OPs question, and even answered the more likely actual question.

Neither one of you know the meaning of the word "stack," nor did you understand my answer. Apparently all you want is an argument. Sorry, I'm busy degreasing my grill. Have fun!