Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

2 handed...Hmmm?

Sav72
Sav72
✭✭✭✭✭
Any specific reason why 2h gets only 1 item bonus credit?

You are using 2 slots for it, you should be able to complete your 3/5 item bonus with a 2h weapon.

Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then what about bow and staff?
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am talking about all 2h weapons.
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I had this same thought many moons ago
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW and Sword and Board get it.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
    Options
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of the many reasons why I generally choose dual wield/sword and shield over a 2hander.

I want to use a cool looking 2handed sword so badly, but I cant bring myself to nerf my character just to have a cool looking weapon. Dual wield is better single target dps, and has better AE too. Sword/shield has much much better survivability, and also has decent single target dps compared to two hander. puncture is great, and shielded assault is better than stampede IMO.

Literally the only time I use a twohander is for a hybrid AE build for Carve's ultimate generation.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    One of the many reasons why I generally choose dual wield/sword and shield over a 2hander.

I want to use a cool looking 2handed sword so badly, but I cant bring myself to nerf my character just to have a cool looking weapon. Dual wield is better single target dps, and has better AE too. Sword/shield has much much better survivability, and also has decent single target dps compared to two hander. puncture is great, and shielded assault is better than stampede IMO.

Literally the only time I use a twohander is for a hybrid AE build for Carve's ultimate generation.

yup:/ With a shield you can block for a decent amount of time while hitting your opponents with an ability. DW has good single target DPS. 2H has a gap closer:/
    Options
  • mousekime111rwb17_ESO
    I've considered this - but remember that duel wield and sword and board both require double the improver mats. What I'd like to see is to change all two handed weapons to require two parts. - A haft and axe head for two greataxes - a haft and a sledge for a maul, hilt and a greatblade for a greatsword, a bow and a quiver for bows, a staff and a crystal for staves - each piece gets an individual trait half the 2h value (same as 1h weapons currently) to allow mixing matching or stacking. Both parts can be enchanted and both parts given a set bonus.
    Options
  • Docpane
    Docpane
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah that would be great. I love my 2h...but, my bow damage is slowly catching up.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've considered this - but remember that duel wield and sword and board both require double the improver mats. What I'd like to see is to change all two handed weapons to require two parts. - A haft and axe head for two greataxes - a haft and a sledge for a maul, hilt and a greatblade for a greatsword, a bow and a quiver for bows, a staff and a crystal for staves - each piece gets an individual trait half the 2h value (same as 1h weapons currently) to allow mixing matching or stacking. Both parts can be enchanted and both parts given a set bonus.

A one time cost is not a balancing factor. That's like saying that an item is balanced automatically if it does 1 million damage per hit, but it's only available in the real money store for $25. An ability, item, skill, etc. needs to be balanced AFTER you've purchased it in order to be considered balanced.

Now if you were to do as you suggest and make each 2 hander 2 pieces, that could work, but the simpler solution would be to just make it count as 2 pieces for a set. I'm not arguing for or against the idea, just saying there are simpler solutions to the problem if it's considered an issue

Edited by redspecter23 on September 29, 2014 1:41PM
    Options