The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Craglorn critters droping vr1-3 leather?

etherin77
etherin77
✭✭✭
Not sure if this is new, but I Was out in Crag farming for leather as I'm about to hit VR4 and all the cats/crabs/gaters are dropping vr1-3 mats....

Is this normal?
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hides are only dropped based on what you can currently wear.

It's incredibly stupid.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eNumbra wrote: »

It's incredibly stupid.

This is not entirely true. I as in my VR7 zone today and the animal mobs were dropping superb hide even though I am VR14.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

It's incredibly stupid.

This is not entirely true. I as in my VR7 zone today and the animal mobs were dropping superb hide even though I am VR14.

Didn't think I had to clarify.

The maximum level hides dropped are those that you can currently wear; so yes. For a V14, creatures drop equivalent level hides. For a V1, even V14 creatures will only drop topgrain.
    Edited by eNumbra on September 19, 2014 10:46PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's incredibly stupid.

Didn't think I had to clarify.

The maximum level hides dropped are those that you can currently wear; so yes. For a V14, creatures drop equivalent level hides. For a V1, even V14 creatures will only drop topgrain.

According to your theory, the VR7 animals I fought while playing my VR14 character should have dropped Shadowhide Scraps. They most definitely did not. What actually seems to be happening is the game compares your character level to the level of the enemy creature and drops hides based on whatever level is lower. That explains what happened to the OP and his/her VR3 in Craglorn and my VR14 in a VR7 zone.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What actually seems to be happening is the game compares your character level to the level of the enemy creature and drops hides based on whatever level is lower..
    That's actually what I'm saying.

But either you can't read or I can't write today.