The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher download uses massive percentage of disk write & gets stuck

Jorvalt
Jorvalt
This is really frustrating. When I start the launcher and it's applying the patch, my disk write speed fluctuates between about 70%-100% usage. This would be fine except for the fact that once it gets to a certain point, it just stops entirely. The disk write speed usage for the launcher is at 0 MB/s, yet it still says that it's at 100% usage. Every time, it stops at exactly 11085.22 MB remaining. I have no idea what could be causing this.
Edit: I just now tried canceling it and running repair, and it seemed to be doing fine until it hit 11796.16 MB remaining (60%). Same thing happened. PC thinks HDD write speed is at 100% usage, download stops working.
Edited by Jorvalt on September 18, 2014 5:58PM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Jorvalt,

There are a couple of things that will help with this issue. First, try running the launcher as an administrator and see if it helps. To do this, close everything ESO related and browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher. Right click on the Bethesda.net Launcher application and choose Run as Administrator.

Also, if you have any anti-virus or firewall software running, it's possible that they are interrupting the installation. Based on the software, you can either create an exception for Zenimax Online folder, or you can temporarily disable the software during the installation. If the latter is chosen, please ensure that you resume the use of your software prior to browsing the web.

Let us know if this helps, and if not we'll be happy to continue helping.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post