The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Refining drop rates changed after patch 1.4?

Kuratla
Kuratla
✭✭✭
How has people's experiences been with refining raw mats since patch 1.4?

Mine have been very very low, like getting a single grain solvent from refining 400+ iron ore. And others in my guilds have noted low returns as well. Last night, 100+ orich ore, 40 void ore and another 100+ iron ore yielded just one grain solvent.

Is this wide spread? Or has my RNG just been bad lately?

I'd like to know because if it is a bug or an intentional nerf, then I'm certainly not going to buy raw mats anymore.... or, at least, not at current prices. If this is true, raw mat prices are going to plummet so this is an economic issue.
V14 Templar Argonian Healer, V12 DK Orc Tank, V2 Sorcerer High Elf DPS, V1 Templar Breton DPS, V1 Nightblade Bosmer DPS, and 3 low levels.

Check out my ESO journal["http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66004/kuratla-s-eso-journal"]
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    There has been much discussion of the patch having tied material refinement to character level. Dunno, but my v12 is getting improvement mats from refining ores like a bandit lately
  • Kuratla
    Kuratla
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was deconning, not refinement. Maybe both.

But the character I did all that ore refining with is also v12.
    V14 Templar Argonian Healer, V12 DK Orc Tank, V2 Sorcerer High Elf DPS, V1 Templar Breton DPS, V1 Nightblade Bosmer DPS, and 3 low levels.

Check out my ESO journal["http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66004/kuratla-s-eso-journal"]
  • Takeda_Shingen
    It seems they have changed the drop rate from refinement nothing smart on this, making harder the life for the crafters. (v12)
    " Su'um ahrk morah. What will you burn? What will you spare?"
  • springbound
    I have been getting plenty of mats from metal but my extraction rate on cloth is a disaster 1 dreugh wax in the last 1200. I used to get 1 every 150 to 300 refined.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well... better save up some gold......:(
  • Zosia
    Zosia
    ✭✭✭
    I have been getting plenty of mats from metal but my extraction rate on cloth is a disaster 1 dreugh wax in the last 1200. I used to get 1 every 150 to 300 refined.

That's weird, I invested three points in Unraveling and got 7 Dreugh Waxes from around 350 cloth and 200 hide. Maybe RNG just loves me and hates you?

Aside from that quote, what I'm trying to say is, our control sample is too small to give accurate results. I'm very content with what I'm getting from refinement, some may get a lot less or a lot more.
    Edited by Zosia on September 20, 2014 6:21AM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One thing I commented to the wife about last night was a perceived drop in deconstructing experience. I have a fairly new character (my others a VR6 Sorc and VR3 DK) that is at level 11 clothier crafting level. It seemed that when I was at the same point with my other characters when you deconstructed something you would see a very noticeable jump in your skill level. It would start slowing down when you got up to level 20 or so. Now the bar barely seems to move when deconstructing. Maybe I'm just imaging things, but it sure seems that crafting has taken a nerf.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting has not taken a nerf per se, with the new (original) crafting changes, there are IP penalties whenever the crafting skill is lower than the level of the material involved.

The penalties are different at varying levels of skill-material mismatch but appear to clear up at a certain skill level.

Take a look at my results from last night to see an example here:

Bottom of page 5
  • Kuratla
    Kuratla
    ✭✭✭
    Refining rates, for me anyway, seem to be back to normal. I'm getting golds every 100 - 150 raw mats refined these days. Must have just been horrible RNG when I got 1 purple from 400+ ore.

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It got better for me. For example today:

600 raw clothing mats = 60 tries

60 Tries - 14 hemming, 12 embroidery, 4 elegant lining, 7 dreugh wax

This is a bit above what i usually get dreugh wise but fairly close to when i do my every couple days of refining.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    I refined ~600 voidstone ore the other day. I didnt get one temp alloy... I never get that many to begin with, but this was really bad. It is all random though...
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • springbound
    I agree something is just wrong with the RNG on these since the patch. I haven't gotten a Rosin in weeks. I am a master crafter in wood with full extraction and had to buy mats 2 days ago because I am not getting any Rosin...the dreugh wax has gotten a little better. But in the past 2 days I have gone through over 2000 pieces of wood and not 1 rosin. Starting to wonder if spending points in this stuff is doing any good.
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    I did 200 voidstones, which I know isn't a lot, and got one honing stone and three dwarven oils. I think the drop rate has been lowered. The last week before the patch with that amount I would have gotten at least one or two solvents. But more people could be refining hoping to find Nirncrux.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |