Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

If I can't kill CATS by Christmas...

GoatKnuckle
GoatKnuckle
✭✭✭
I'm UNSUBBING. At least for a week.

Who's with me?

EDIT: While most of the responses are appreciated, I would like to take this opportunity to reel you all back in and kindly remind you keep this thread on topic. Khajit's are not cats. Nobody cares about them, and we can already kill them. Felines, on the other hand, should be given no quarter and no special privileges.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE THREAD. I am very serious about this. As a showing of my resolve I will allow Zenimax to charge my credit card on file with them for the amount of 1 man-hour worth of work. I can't possibly see it taking more than 1 hour to make this happen.

I would be willing to pay 2 man-hours if the cats scream out, "Goatknuckle" every time they are killed.

And for the love of Skooma, put some guts in those cats and make them useful.

Your humble servant,

Goat

Edited by GoatKnuckle on September 18, 2014 9:10PM
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    :|
    219432_0c61_1024x2000.jpg
    You are a Terrible person
    Edited by ers101284b14_ESO on September 17, 2014 9:57PM
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    KAWAIIIIIIII!!!!!! Doko kara ano chibi-neko ga kiimashita ka?? Hoshiiiii you!!!
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    :|
    219432_0c61_1024x2000.jpg
    You are a Terrible person
    That looks shopped.

I agree the invincible cats and unspankable monkeys are game breaking and are major reason for diminishing player population.

Edited by PBpsy on September 17, 2014 10:01PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every time you complain about Nightblades, Sheogorath kills a kitten.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    Every time you complain about Nightblades, Sheogorath kills a kitten.

No , He doesn't kill kittens he just teleports one in your underwear and the kitteh performs a Surprise attack followed by Impale on your private parts. Fun times.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Venereous44
    Venereous44
    ✭✭✭
    Only if all the rest of the cats in the vicinity attack you and they get a respectable life bar.. kinda like those crazy mud crabs that gang up on you. With lots of crazy sounding cat sound effects of course.
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't see the appeal.
    ...unless it is considered a murderous crime when the justice system hits. Not as bad as a person (well...unless they happen to be khajiits) but still a severe bounty incursion.

Oh to heck with what I just said! Cats should be just as sacred as the rooftops in game! Your filthy feet are not even worthy of touching them! Let alone your hands or weapon!
  • Two-Dogs
    Two-Dogs
    ✭✭✭
    We could do we a drastic reduction in the cat population.

Folks seem to forget that cats, if left to their own devices and given the freedom to roam, are active, effective predators. The little furry buggers are responsible for the decimation of local fauna populations.

When was the last time you saw a vole?

Exactly.
  • Venereous44
    Venereous44
    ✭✭✭
    Actually rats are all over the place in ESO. But in real life... how many rodents do you see? They're good at hiding!
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't kill cats.

In Elder Scrolls, cat kills you.
    khajiit-fire.jpg
  • Smiteye
    Smiteye
    ✭✭✭
    All khajit should be killable by any player regardless of faction, i agree with the OP! Filthy cats....!
    Edited by Smiteye on September 17, 2014 11:18PM
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    But not killing cats maybe the only thing keeping you off of Santa's naughty list. Wait to see what you get for Christmas, and then decide whether to entertain your felicidal tendencies or not.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cat gut was often used to string instruments with back in the old days.

Perhaps being able to kill them with the added skill line of lute repair will be available in the next patch. :P
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two-Dogs wrote: »

Folks seem to forget that cats, if left to their own devices and given the freedom to roam, are active, effective predators. The little furry buggers are responsible for the decimation of local fauna populations.

Exactly.

I see voles all the time. They suck.

***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    Don't see the appeal.
    ...unless it is considered a murderous crime when the justice system hits. Not as bad as a person (well...unless they happen to be khajiits) but still a severe bounty incursion.

Oh to heck with what I just said! Cats should be just as sacred as the rooftops in game! Your filthy feet are not even worthy of touching them! Let alone your hands or weapon!

You bring up a really good point about khajjitt. Will the Alfiq NPC's be killable?
  • deruddb14_ESO
    deruddb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Smiteye wrote: »
    All khajit should be killable by any player regardless of faction, i agree with the OP! Filthy cats....!

And skinable! After all, winter is coming, and I could use some warm undies!!!
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I want to see how you will kill Razum-dar. Try and get stab in the back.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.
    That's exactly why I love cats. It's also the whole reason why housecats were domesticated in the first place. As humans started to store grain, they started to attract rodents who wanted to eat that grain. Cats were domesticated to kill those rodents, so humans would be able to eat their grain instead of losing it all.

Who's a cute wittle deadly predator? You is! Yes you is!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you better dont kill my slaves.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on September 18, 2014 3:59AM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one will have you all for breakfast with bread and Nutella, hiiisssss.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    Cat gut was often used to string instruments with back in the old days.
    Except catgut was never actually made from cat...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catgut
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will not touch the kitties!!!
    The Moot Councillor
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if your pvp is turned on everywhere you go in Tamriel for a week after you kill the kitty.
  • Venereous44
    Venereous44
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that ever annoyed me to the point of wishing that i could kill it in some extremely slow and morbid fashion would be the idiot in Riften constantly yelling "its here!!" Worse, it seems to follow you around like a poltergeist, like its standing right behind you but you turn around and there is never an NPC standing there. To this day I still don't know which NPC is yelling that.
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

We could also do with less humans. Do you know how many animals we have driven to either endangerment or extinction?

But I suppose we do enough of that in Cyrodil right? B)
  • Venereous44
    Venereous44
    ✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »

Exactly.

We could also do with less humans. Do you know how many animals we have driven to either endangerment or extinction?

But I suppose we do enough of that in Cyrodil right? B)

+1 +1 Ebola! We're in dire need of a zombie apocalypse.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »
    KAWAIIIIIIII!!!!!! Doko kara ano chibi-neko ga kiimashita ka?? Hoshiiiii you!!!

get out
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP- There are some cats in Eastmarch with a present for you >:)
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!